Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ralph S
    Does it only happen with papper loaded in the long edge feed direction? Does it happen to 14" and 17 " paper? I have had cheap paper work, but the grain of the paper needs to be perpendicular to the paper travel. Then there should be less curl.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    They are running it short edge and they only use letter size.This is why I want to try a SR 820.It has a straight paper path but I don't have any experience with it.Most of the jams are happening when the paper is being loaded into the staple section,they just curl around into a ball.I thought Ricoh would of thought of a better design....too many turns!!

Thanks ,
    Tech Boy

Ralph S
    The link above here seems to have some good info. Have you tried some of the sanding of the guides and the slight bending that one of the threads suggested?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I have done the sanding and forming and it does seem better but not great....

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TECH BOY View Post
    Thanks for the update.I am not sure what white flaps you are referring to.The bridge unit is before the finisher,are the flaps on the bridge unit???Let me know if you can explain in detail.

Thanks again,
    Tech Boy

No, they are in the sorter, they are on the spring loaded gate right at the exit to staple tray. If you watch it run with the sorter door defeated, right when the paper is entering the staple tray, you will see four white things raise up and then drop once the trailing edge leaves them. I hope this explains it well enough, if not let me know and I'll look them up in the parts diagram and get the official name of them.