Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh 3025/SR 790

Hi All,
    This thing is kicking my butt !!!I have a Ricoh 3025/ SR 790 with constant jamming problems.This only happens when stapling.I have replaced all rollers the whole finisher along with the bridge unit...nothing helps.I notice that the paper comes out quite curled (when it doesn't jam).I brought some expensive paper over to try and it seemed good.Can this be a combanation of cheap paper and a long paper path???they have many other Ricoh's with no problems 2020 2060 etc.Does this model/finisher need premium paper??Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Tech Boy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh 3025/SR 790

since you mentioned the curl, have you tried replacing the fuser or at least the press roller?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    my money is with copyaction here.Very common in ricoh mpc2500-5000 the pressure is uneven and due to the paper path finisher jams are common.Rebuild the fuser your problem will be solved.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    The very last paper guide in the finisher, the upper one, before the staple tray has a nasty ridge in it. I've found removing the guide and filing it smooth goes a long way to improving the finisher's performance. Also apply a little silicone oil to the inside of the jogger guides (just a little on a cloth or cotton pad and wipe it down). The premium paper does help, but most clients won't see it that way. It's a case of "Your POS finisher should take whatever paper I feed it!" usually.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks for the responses,Yes The machine has a new fuser unit.Both rollers were replaced.Does anyone know if the fuser temp can be ajusted?would this be a good idea?Thanks again for your time.

Tech Boy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Adjusting the fuser temperature is not the way to solve the problem. There was a thread about this : http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...em-staple.html

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I have tried sanding down the guide (which did have ridges). It seems to be good for now.My question is ,if this does not work is there a finisher ( not SR 790 )with less issues that will work with a Ricoh 3025?
    Thanks agian,
    Tech Boy

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Not really. There is a crappy 500 sheet unit that some have had issues with (I only have a few machines with that one so I can't say, but I did have one with repeat stapler drive problems). The guide sanding, silicone oiling (very lightly to prevent static), and sometimes a slight loosening of the drive belts in the back have all helped me. If the customer is willing to switch up to a higher quality paper, in addition to the mods, the issue will usually abate.
    Last edited by zed255; 01-27-2010 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Spelling - Really old laptop with a few keys that work poorly.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    I have one that I sanded, did the update mylar pieces and it still was jamming intermittently with curly paper. I finally removed those white flappy things at the end of the guide before it goes into the finisher and haven't heard back from them for a couple months now. I don't know what they are for, but seemed to be causing the problems.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks for the update.I am not sure what white flaps you are referring to.The bridge unit is before the finisher,are the flaps on the bridge unit???Let me know if you can explain in detail.

Thanks again,
    Tech Boy