Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Another thing-Ricoh: A4/Ltr and A3/DLT counters for bw and color?

Here's another pet-peeve of mine when dealing with Ricoh machines: we have a customer (with an MPC3300) whose contract has different prices for small size (A4 and Letter) and large sizes (A3 and DLT) of paper. But I can't find out anywhere a simple way of getting separate counters for A4 and A3, color and BW.

The only thing I am able to get is Black counter, color counter, and, of those, how many where in large sizes - without color discrimination.

I swear, sometimes the Ricoh software seems the best ever, but other times I just feel like getting an hammer and putting it to good use!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Check your SP's in the service manual. There is an SP that will display DLT prints are made on the counter.

Then again... the simplest thing to do is enable the "Double Count" for DLT or 11x17 here. Then charge the customer a double click, count whatever you want to call it, for running 11x17.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by unisys12 View Post
    Check your SP's in the service manual. There is an SP that will display DLT prints are made on the counter.
    Of course. But that SP (I know I found it before, but I'm skimming the service manual again to check it) will only give the total pages in DLT/A3, giving no separation between color and bw.

Quote Originally Posted by unisys12 View Post
    Then again... the simplest thing to do is enable the "Double Count" for DLT or 11x17 here. Then charge the customer a double click, count whatever you want to call it, for running 11x17.
    Of course it is - but in this particular case the customer doesn't pay for the A3/DLT the double that of the A4/Ltr.

This is frustrating! As with the Cartadis situation, I feel there's an answer somewhere on the SPs, but the documentation is sub-par at best.
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    No easy way. Printing the Log Data, SP5-990-4 gives you counts six ways from Sunday, you can likely find what you want in there. As for a simple 'User Tools' solution, I din't think there's anything short of using user codes and printing the usage report, but I can't tell you for certain that will even give you what you want.

Service Manager 50+ Posts
    Enter into service mode, but hold the # when you press copysp. This brings up special mode, and it is in the "mode section" (A3 doublecount)

Wait! I know!! Why didn't I think of this before!!??

If you log into Special Service Modes (I think), as stated above, you should find one in Section 5 that will display the 11x17 or in the case the A3 count on the counter print out. I just spent 10 minutes going through the 9033 manual and didn't find it, but we all know that Special Service mode options are not displayed in the manual. Then again, they may have taken this option out so... If that's the case, I hope it's set up on @Remote. That way you will not have to go out there every month just to print the log report.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    You should be charging normally for A4 and have A3 double count switched on so if B&W=1 & Colour=4 for A4, it will charge double for A3 ie B&W=2 & Colour=8.

Quote Originally Posted by zyqwiz View Post
    You should be charging normally for A4 and have A3 double count switched on so if B&W=1 & Colour=4 for A4, it will charge double for A3 ie B&W=2 & Colour=8.
    Of course, I do know that. But, as I stated before, this particular customer's price for A3 is not double that of A4, so it doesn't work.
    Mascan42

Ibid

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I had same problem but if you need control for print you can use free software for any kind of printer that is PAPER CUT PRINT LOGGER and then you can control printing if there is a3 or a4

Regrads

You can find it software on google

Quote Originally Posted by m_donakov View Post
    I had same problem but if you need control for print you can use free software for any kind of printer that is PAPER CUT PRINT LOGGER and then you can control printing if there is a3 or a4

Regrads

You can find it software on google
    That looks like some really cool software. Great find and thanks for sharing!! I'm gonna play with this today... at the shop!