Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rednecktech's Avatar

Ricoh 2051 SC 569 can't clear

Hey guys,

I have a R 2051 with a sc 569. I can't find this code in ther service manual. Thinking it is probably fuser related I removed the web assembly and the orange web pressure roller has a flat spot causing the web to get bunched up. I was just wondering if this is what is causing the code. Any suggestions? Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    More than likely yes, that code is really close to other web related codes. You call savin right?

Looking at goose guides they all say

Fusing pressure release motor error

things people did to fix SC 569
    replace fuse FU107 on PSU
    DRB Board (IC103 or IC105 may come off)
    reconnect pressure release motor hp sensor harness
    clean and lube pressure release motor worm gear
    check for paper in rear fusing connector - (SC550 sometinme also occurs)

Thanks for your help Vulkor. No, I have not called Savin/Ricoh support. What you have given me has given me a direction to go. Once I go back and replace the web pressure roller, I will let you know what fixed it. Thanks again

Technician
    I have had an issue with this in the past. The DRB board seems to overheat and one of the IC's can come off. Check the IC's by pulling on them and see if they feel loose.
    I had one machine keep re occuring even after all fusing parts replaced. In the end I put a heatsink on the offending IC and it's been fine ever since.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar
    There is a sensor at pressure roll lift mechanism. (You have to break one by removing the fuser module, to be more carefull...)
    You are working on B140 series not on B064.
    So there are some more SC codes listed to your sevice manual!
    PN : AW020056

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    There is a sensor at pressure roll lift mechanism. (You have to break one by removing the fuser module, to be more carefull...)
    You are working on B140 series not on B064.
    So there are some more SC codes listed to your sevice manual!
    PN : AW020056
    I've done that lol It's a bugger when you forget about it too. That'd be my guess regarding this SC code too, it's right at the front of the fuser and has a 3-pin connector on it. It might be fractured but not broken.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    I've done that lol It's a bugger when you forget about it too. That'd be my guess regarding this SC code too, it's right at the front of the fuser and has a 3-pin connector on it. It might be fractured but not broken.
    Thanks for your replies, I have been really careful with taking the fuser out knowing about this sensor. Though I haven't checked it close enough for a fracture. I will look closer at this sensor.

I went out to the machine today to replace the orange web pressure roller. I didn't think this would cure the code but it needed to be done and I had some things to look for from previous replies. I was fortunate enough to have a machine at the shop to help troubleshoot via the "swap" method. First, before swapping anything I went to look at the DRB board to look for anything that may have popped loose. As I was looking around I noticed FU 107 blown on the PSU, put a new fuse in and it blew that one as well. I then swapped the whole power supply assembly from the other machine and it blew FU 107. I ended up swapping DRB boards, a whole fusing unit and the fuser pressure motor and it still blows this fuse. I definitely know there is a short going on somewhere.

The fuser from the machine from the office looked great but I dont know what it has been through being that a few techs have had their hands on that box. I will be ticked but relieved if it turns out to be that sensor.

Any other suggestions would be great as this customer is DOWN and that is never good. Thanks again!!!

According to the troubleshooting section of the service manual, a blown FU107 should give you SC121 too. I think there may be something optics / lamp / scanner drive related going on here too. Is the lamp coming on if you start the machine up with the fuser out and front cover open?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    According to the troubleshooting section of the service manual, a blown FU107 should give you SC121 too. I think there may be something optics / lamp / scanner drive related going on here too. Is the lamp coming on if you start the machine up with the fuser out and front cover open?
    Yes, you are correct TonerMunkeh, I get a service code 121 right before I get a 569. I know the lamp comes on but have not tried it with the fuser out and the front cover open. So do you think my 569 is related to the 121 scanner not getting to or recognizing home position?? I wonder if taking off the glass and manualy moving the scanner will show me a problem? Hmmmm.....I sure do appreciate your input.

I think it's too much of a coincidence that they are both happening at the same time. I think the next step would be to try starting the machine with a new fuse in location 107, fuser out and front cover open. Disconnect all the options before you power it up. Then, with all options disconnected push the fuser back in and close the front door. Check if 107 pops and the scanner lamp lights correctly. If not, it may be the scanner regulator board or lamp is dragging the power down on the entire machine causing erroneous sensor codes. If it seems happy, switch it off and reconnect the options one by one until something goes bang. That's the next step I'm afraid.

Hit it.