Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    It seems part of it is a replacemet for DesktopBinder
    PPDM is the replacement for DesktopBinder.
    I'm trying to think, but nothing happens...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Setup APP2Me today. What an Intrusive Piece of Slow Garbage. Requires GOOGLE DESKTOP. That is a huge strike against it already. And Slow.. Did I mention Slow. Having to walk up to a machine and selecting Embedded Feature, User, App2Me print and then your job is such a hassle.

Never could get the Scan to work. Kept saying my settings were incompatible. WTF its B&W 200dpi multipage PDF. How hard is that.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    I ran into the scanning issue as well. Since the MFP was going to a location that had no use for App2Me, we didn't press the issue. But I was told that there was a Java update avaliable that would take care of that. It was something about the App2Me Manager having a conflict with the version of Java on the MFP. From what I understand, the Manager App was updated, then later found that there was a conflict with one of the versions of Java.

I have not been able to verify this, so... take it for what it's worth.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Sounds like removing the funtion key and replacing it with a blanking plate is a plan

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unisys12 View Post
    I ran into the scanning issue as well. Since the MFP was going to a location that had no use for App2Me, we didn't press the issue. But I was told that there was a Java update avaliable that would take care of that. It was something about the App2Me Manager having a conflict with the version of Java on the MFP. From what I understand, the Manager App was updated, then later found that there was a conflict with one of the versions of Java.

I have not been able to verify this, so... take it for what it's worth.
    I had to update the java to the latest version so it worked with the 1.5 version of the manger app.

It seems to be for small offices/workplaces who dont have locked down networks, the customers we have installed it in like it but I guess not sutiable for all customers..

Quote Originally Posted by zyqwiz View Post
    Sounds like removing the funtion key and replacing it with a blanking plate is a plan

Yeah wishing I had some of those laying about. I do for the older white consoles, but not for these blue ones.

amroid

Re: Anyone used APP 2 ME yet

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    Had to set this up at a customers when they got their new 4001's . Was very simple to set up bit odd using google desktop but the customer was real pleased with the simple scanning and locked/ follow me print. No cost involved at all to the customer if they have a compatiable device..
    Yes I love app 2 me and we try to include it on every deal.

What

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Anyone used APP 2 ME yet

Just as I was about to try it for the first time, I'm told that it has been discontinued.

What an astounding success, heh?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Just as I was about to try it for the first time, I'm told that it has been discontinued.

What an astounding success, heh?
    Giant flop. To many it was a step back with a touch of flair added to it.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Anyone used APP 2 ME yet

I find most of these java based applications to date unimpressive.
    The only one I like is follow me printing using magnetic tags as it's simple, quick to use and does actually serve a useful purpose.

Apart from that I often ponder how many different ways are they going to come up with to do the same old tasks?

IMHO Ricoh should concentrate on improving core built-in / out of the box functions.

E.G

Instead of just a LDAP search function they should allow the scanning user list to be actively populated straight from LDAP.
    Have it automatically query the server for changes and have the frequent users list populated based on hits.
    Once it had been initially configured there would be zero maintenance of the user list, I.T support would love it.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother