Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Anyone used APP 2 ME yet

Re: Anyone used APP 2 ME yet

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Once it had been initially configured there would be zero maintenance of the user list, I.T support would love it.
    You're forgetting that what you're suggesting doesn't have the WOW factor App2Me had. I'm sure App2Me sold its fair share of equipments to users who never used it afterwards. And also most of the times the people who make decisions can't understand what you just described above, but they drool themselves over something as cute as App2Me was.

App2Me was probably a flop, but it surely did sell something while it lasted.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Well that's taking a point of view and mind set of a salesman working for his cut in the here and now and not really thinking about future sustainability.
    Kinda reminds me of those internal Goldman Sachs emails confirming that they knowingly sold shitty deals, junk and crap to anyone they could push it on to.

I'm more into straight forward practical and proven solutions which have some long jeopardy attached to them.
    Definitely not into flash in the pan gimmicks, just to get stuck with supporting them years down the road long after they have been discontinued.
    That's not to say we will not try new things but we certainly will not push things onto our customers we don't like ourselves.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Anyone used APP 2 ME yet

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Well that's taking a point of view and mind set of a salesman working for his cut in the here and now and not really thinking about future sustainability.
    It's not my way of thinking, but it was clearly the thought behind A2M.

Besides, my previous post was a criticism to many who are put onto position of deciding about buying stuff without understanding any of it.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!