Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The count isn't very high, can't remember exactly but it's something like 50k copies in total. And to remove the exit guide really seems to have done the trick, since I've had no callback on it yet.
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Okay, that theory got busted. The customer called back this last friday and the problem was worse than ever. I called my support and they told me to take a look at the interchange unit holder. Said and done, I was there this morning and tried to bend the hold and simsalabim the problem showed worse than ever. I then twist the hold a bit upwards, and the problem went away, although I'm not sure about the angle it's suppose to be in so not surprisingly the customer called again with the same problem.

http://www.linford.se/serviceimages/...nit_holder.jpg

But - at least I were able to recreate the problem. That was definitely one step in the right direction. I'll go back to them in about 10 minutes to adjust the angle again. I'll post if I manage to find the correct one.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I spent the last 2 hours trying to adjust the interchange unit and failed. I could make the problem better or worse, but not go away completely. I'm actually considering the fuser again, the exit guide plate in the fuser is a bit uneven I think, and I bet that makes things worse. On top of that I suspect the paper is going in a little skewed, I'm not sure but it seems like it sometimes.

Honestly, I'm not at all sure what is causing this, I just know tilting or moving the interchange unit makes it better or worse. But that don't necessarily mean it's the interchange unit that's at fault, it might as well be the fuser... *confused*.

First of all I'll try swapping the fuser with another machine. If that doesn't work I'm ordering the interchange unit and the metal bracket that holds it in place... desperate action but I feel I have no alternative.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Thanks for keeping us updated!

Have you checked for toner build-up on the fuser pressure roller?
    I have been having a few cases of folded corners on the MPC2800/3300/4000/5000 generation, some idiot engineer figured that these shiny new fusers doesn't need any oilroller or cleaningroller, resulting in "toner blisters" on the pressure roller.
    Nobody loves a clown at midnight.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Don't know if the same problem happens on the 2800, but I had a 2500 doing this, and I removed the interchange unit and smoothed inside the whole upper section guide plate (with scotch-brite), especially at the entrance area where the paper path bends toward the exit. It was rough enough to catch the corner of the paper and dog-ear it. Never had the problem again.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Iceman: I haven't looked especially for that, but I'm pretty sure there's no toner build-up... I'll make sure though. Thanks!

Fearless: I did have the interchange unit removed and tried to feel the surface of the paper path but it's clean as a whistle. I even put a paper back and forth to try and find any obstructions but there simply are none.

My latest theory is that the fuser exit guide plate (the C2 hatch) is bent from the heat and causes the paper to buckle a bit, and then the position of the interchange unit enhances the problem and that's why it folds. Or - the solenoid that pulls the junction gate back and forth is bad and doesn't pull the junction gate far enough (or releases it). But I'm pretty sure it's not the latter because it's actually a spring that pulls it to 'simplex position', and I've tightened that spring so it pulls a bit harder. Honestly I'm just guessing... Hope I'm right though :/

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Replacing the Fusing Unit fixed this for us. So I say its your fuser guides.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks Vulkor, I really hope that's it... I've got a new fuser arriving tomorrow, we'll see after that

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar
    i had same problem solve thru fusing recon (pressure, hot and oil supply, belt perhaps but as your per visual inspection)

goodluck sir.
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.