Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    tucker

Question RICOH 1350 Re:Web

I have a 1350 that has approx. 15 mil. On it. It recently started comming up with the message of (replace web). There for they cannot print from the power press while this message is displayed. The web still has plenty of web left, used web display can vary,sometimes it says around 20%, sometimes 50%, it varys. I have gone in and reset the used percentage to many different amounts, and after numerous attempts it will finally resest. I have also reset used display to a fictishous number and then reboot the machine, sometimes it resets, sometimes it does not. No ryhme or reason to any of this, atleast not that i have been able to nail down as of yet. I have also replaced the sensor to no avail. The customer has two web units, they both do the same thing. I cannot upgrade the firmware because of the powerpress. Any thoughts???

web

when u rebuild the cleaning web look that u rebuild it correct. Take a look at end feeler its mostley the problem that end of web is not reachable Usually it reaches when the feeler for the end stay wrong between web band from 30 till 50%

tucker
    Thanks for your reply. I have already checked the feeler, it is in the same position on both web units.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    This is a big machine I know nothing about. But is the Web end sensor on the frame or the fusing tray or in the web cleaning unit? Could be flaky sensor or harness to the sensor.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    It's an RTFM problem!

If you install the feeler on the wrong side of the "Single sheet" of web as it comes off the new (large) roll the feeler will drop past the roll as the diameter decreases instead of sitting on top of the single sheet. this will cause the SC (550?) to occur long before the "near end" condition. Check the system description section and look at the diagram for the feeler / near end / web end condition then flip the web sheet to the other side of the feeler, check the current web use counter, reset the web end and then reset to the use counter to the "current" level.

Ricoh Technician 50+ Posts
    i had the same thing it was the web motor my machine has 18,000,000
    AX040147 web motor
    Last edited by pocket aces; 02-10-2010 at 09:55 PM.