Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Atter

SC 495 on a Ricoh MP 9000

I have looked at every sensor and motor i could find form the toner bank to the dev tank, cleand all the pipes and the transport spirals and still after about 100 to 150 copies the machine notifies my and restarts sometimes coming up with sc 495 ? can any body give my a new approach to the problem

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Ensure the hose is routed correctly with minimal bending / gentle bends. I saw an early one with the hose mis-routed that gave SC495's. Replace the toner attraction pump and hose. Cleaning the pump is generally ineffective. B234-3260 Pump & B234-3282 Hose.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I agree with zed255, I have had very little success cleaning those pumps.

JOATMON
    Toner bottle unit error - Hose from clear cup to hopper clogged or crimped
    Toner bottle unit error - Replace IOB.
    Toner bottle unit error -Toner end sensor in cylinder defective
    Toner bottle unit error - Toner supply cylinder motor or agitator defective
    Toner bottle unit error - replace toner supply motor
    Toner bottle unit error - toner supply cylinder toner end sensor wiper out of place
    Toner bottle unit error - torque limiter on supply clutch is free wheeling.

This has been cut from one of our unofficial spread sheets, most of the time it is pretty spot on. Hope this helps.

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar
    How many copies on this machine and have you ever replaced the toner pump? I've had a toner pump go on a 105, this was due to the mylar valve inside the pump perishing. Unfortunately, once you take the pump apart to verify this, you have pretty much destroyed the pump. It can also be useful replacing the little black pipes every now and then as they perish too.
    Now I think about it, check the sensor at the bottom of the toner bank, just inside the left side lower cover. That can get fouled up with toner....

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar
    basically the toner pump clogs as a result for SC 495 for this model... toner cake or wrong toner installed after cleaning execute toner bank set up.... then check SP 5803-18 bit 2 should be 1.
    good luck Sir...
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atter View Post
    I have looked at every sensor and motor i could find form the toner bank to the dev tank, cleand all the pipes and the transport spirals and still after about 100 to 150 copies the machine notifies my and restarts sometimes coming up with sc 495 ? can any body give my a new approach to the problem
    Helped one of our guys with the same problem last week. The machine had been "bouncing" this fault for a few weeks. we found that it always blocked at the bottom of the pipe leaving the clear hopper. Changed the hopper (Robbed from another machine) which helped a bit, could have been the agitator motor, but he still had the same problem. I attended and we performed the toner fill SP2207-2 then ran about 1200 copies with 25% coverage with no codes. If you empty the toner tubes the machine may not refill quickly enough and will display SC495 every 150 or so copies UNLESS you refill the toner system.

Check the service manual section 1.3.5 "Transporting the copier" and "After moving the copier" to clarify.

"Tube bending" RTB 22 in the UK.