Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Configuring Auto Email Notificaition - Device Alerts

Hi All,

I've been trying to get Auto Email Notifications to work on a MPC-2050 & MP2851 however i havent had much luck. I've added Admin Emails Address, SMTP server, turned on "Auto Specify Sender", added an email address for the recipient, i've chosen the alert types and i have changed their timer settings to "0 minutes".

I've tested scan to email for the receivers account just to ensure that connectivity to email is fine in which it is.

I've got a SPC811DN setup for Auto Email Notifications as well in which it works fine. I have compared both setups and made them identical but still without luck.

So if anyone knows what i might be missing out it would be much appreciated if you are able to let me know. thanks.

Kind Regards,
    steve

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Just curious you say scan to email works. Is the business using a private or in house email server? Are the email addresses you programmed on the quick dial only company/employee email addresses?

Reason I ask, I've seen some business set it up so NO Email address will send if it doesn't exist on their email client for authentication.

Say the business is. user@volume.com
    And you are trying to email alerts to scoobysteve@yahoo.com

It Won't work because you are not scoobysteve@volume.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi,

the email address used as the recipient for all alerts is an internal email. the client also run an internal exchange server.

However, saying that I managed to get it to work. Not sure what i exactly did but i ended up clearing all settings and then re-doing it from scratch. I dont think i ended up inputting anymore information than what i did initially but it finally worked.

thanks for your time for helping out.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Could have been something simple as a extra Space at the beginning or ending of something.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Configuring Auto Email Notificaition - Device Alerts

my bet is the " timer settings to "0 minutes", which means *shut off* by ricoh products
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post
    my bet is the " timer settings to "0 minutes", which means *shut off* by ricoh products

I actually thought "0 minutes" meant immediately? I would have thought that if you did not want the notification for that particular alert, you would simply just not select/tick the alert? please correct me if i am wrong. anyhow, when the alerts did work, i did have the setting set to "0 minutes" for "Cover Open" and "Out of Paper" in which the alerts did come through.