Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ricoh 3228 login

ricoh 3228 login

I have a Ricoh 3228 that wants an Administrator Login. It is blocking Color copies and usually I can go to Mode 7-810 to clear, but this copier doesn't have that option, it goes from 7-807 to 7-826. When you go to User Mode, it has a login option which I've never seen and when you try to go under Key Operator tools to disable account control, it says I don't have permission and requires Login Name and Password.....any ideas?

Technician
    Unfortunately for these machines, to reset the username and password you need to change the NVRAM, it is not possible to disable via SP Mode. The other option is to try the usual default usernames/passwords, ie. administrator/password or admin/password

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh 3228 login

Whoa, not so fast. Have you tried logging in as "admin" with no password (that is the default when authentication is turned on)? If that doesn't work, try logging in with "supervisor" with no password. If you can, then you can go to System Settings-Administrator Tools-Program/Change administrator. Select the "Change" for Administrator 1 and reset the login and password to whatever you like. Once that's done you can login and disable the administration management.
    FYI, when logged in as Supervisor you can only change the administrator logins and passwords, you cannot set any defaults or functions.
    Also, if someone has seen fit to change the Supervisor login to something besides "supervisor". then yes you will have to change the nvram. Depending on the circumstances (customer attitude and office policy) that would normally be chargeable.
    P.S. Check the service history report in case a tech wrote it down somewhere. That's a common practice if we can get away with it so we don't have to hunt someone down during a service call.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dv007833 View Post
    Unfortunately for these machines, to reset the username and password you need to change the NVRAM, it is not possible to disable via SP Mode. The other option is to try the usual default usernames/passwords, ie. administrator/password or admin/password
    Only when the supervisor account is lost do you need a new NVRAM. I'm not telling the average customer about the supervisor login, only the system admins.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ricoh 3228 login

Thanks, admin for both user and password worked.....much appreciated.