Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    acaesar

Ricoh Aficio 1224C Finisher Problem

Hello,
    I moved my copier the other day and moved it in my car. I laid it on its side. now when it prints the top part of the page does not print. The color also does not seem to be correct. It states that there is a problem with the finisher. How hard is this to fix. Is it expensive? Thank you for looking at my question.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    You should ALWAYS transport a copier upright! In the worst case the four development units (CMYK) have to be replaced, because all the toner is shifted at one side. I think it's wise to have a technician take a look at the machine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

you're joking right? you didn't really lay it on it's side did you?

acaesar
    Thanks for your help! I know I am an idiot. Tough lesson I learned.

Try taking the developer units out and shaking then from side to side to redistribute the toner evenly. The bigger problem is going to be the fuser oil, do you have fuser oil spilled all over the place?

I too would be more concerned about the oil than the toner. I'm sure there's oil everywhere, but what side did you lay it on. If on it's back then you probably will have major problems with oil in the drive components. You also may have issues with the scanner or something else. May not be worth the repair in labor and frustration. If you call for a tech to inspect/clean/test, make sure you get one that has been certified on that model.
    Personally, I don't think it would be worth repairing and this would be a great opportunity to upgrade. Trade it in for even a used late model color mfp and you'll be much happier.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    That's the funniest customer stupidity I've ever heard of lol

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Personally, I wouldn't even consider trying to breathe new life into this machine.

With the way MFP prices have dropped consistently over time, you owe it to yourself to check out similar, new machines.

There is a very high probability that it would cost more to fix your 1224 than it would to replace it with a new one.

Even if it did get back to running acceptably, there would always be those little "gremlins" that could pop up at any time, driving you, your service tech, and your checkbook crazy.

Please feel free to PM me if you so desire.

Ken
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins