Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    The MPC6501/7501 has different numbers for toner, developer, and charge rollers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC 6500 7500 Blowing toner

That TB description doesn't jibe with the nearly empty developer units I've been seeing on units having this problem
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar
    Shadow1, what do you mean by the nearly empty Dev units ? Is the developer gone ? Have you tried removing the one way gear on the front side of the Dev unit that augers out excess Dev ?

If you pop the filter and look, the dev unit is way less than half full, and badly overtoned. Yes, I've been removing the cam lever - I posted that as a solution back at the beginning of this thread. It seems to completely fix the toner puking, but nothing I've found so far fixes the charge roller lines.

Ricoh is correct in that the lines are built up lube, but they have no solution to fix it. I tried removing the springs on the lube bar to reduce the amount blasted around in there, but my test machine was returned before I got any results. I suspect removing the springs was an overcorrection and will trash the drums, but I had to start somewhere - likely just need to stretch a coil or so on the springs
    73 DE W5SSJ

How about applying liquid wax to the charge rollers? I waxed one a few days ago, thinking maybe the lube won't build up on it.

Interesting.

Wouldn't be the first problem resolved by wax, Brillianize, or RainX

Anxiously awaiting results.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    car wax, based on carnauba wax? Why you don't try the new D081 charge rollers? They should be improved.
    I know Ricoh said thet the dev is not compatible with D014 but I don't see why the charge rollers won't be.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Did you pull one off and see what they improved ? Just curious I haven't had one yet.

The product I use is called "Nu Finish" it works good on a lot of things. I've used it on drums plenty of times.

Just had an e-mail to let us know that there is a new fimware to fix this fault on these machines...

CAUSE:
    Development ability of toner decreases, when the machine is used under low temperature (around 68 degrees F / 20 degrees centigrade) and low humidity (around 10%). Under this condition, machine tries to keep the ID (image density) on the printed image on paper constant by following two functions as a set.

Function#1:
    Change the pointer table number for drum potential control higher.

Function#2:
    Increasing the toner amount inside the developer by providing much toner to the development unit.

Currently, the pointer table has an upper limit (Pointer table Number 26). Therefore, the Function#1 may not be effective under low temperature and low humidity condition. Therefore, machine tries to perform Function#2 mainly. By this function, the ID (image density) on the printed image is kept constant, but the toner may scatter inside the machine as its side effects.

ACTION:
    Upgrade the engine firmware to the following custom-built version.

Engine D0145402K_LR0428.fwu Ver.1.51b:01

NOTE: This custom-build engine firmware increases the upper limit of pointer table from Number 26 to Number 30 in the Function#1. By this change, the effectiveness of Function#1 increases to keep the ID on printed image constant. This leads to reducing the Function#2.

IMPORTANT
    Never apply this custom-built engine firmware to the machine without toner scattering inside the machine. If you apply it to the machine without toner scattering, the following side effect will appear.

Low ID (image density) on printed image on paper.

Firefly symptom on halftone area.

FIRMWARE UPDATE REQUIREMENTS
    This custom-built engine firmware also has the combination with other firmware mentioned in 108890. Please refer also to 108890 more in detail

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here