Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    bozz01

mpc 4500 toner loading issues

Im working on a mpc 4500 and the orignal problem was that it would not load the yellow toner. The first thing i tryed was changing the toner bottle but that didnt change anything, the machine would just bring up the loading toner screen try to load then go back the the intail load toner screen. I then found out for support that a ram clear fixes this problem 90% of the time, so i preformed a ram all clear and it seemed to work for a while. In the time that it was working it breifly siad that the was no magenta toner when the bottle was full, it tried to load and wouldnt so i power cylced the machine and it seemed ok. The next morning customer rang and said the yellow was playing up again. i ordered a yellow pump and a IOB board. I replaced the pump, blew the hose out, tested the toner out sensors and replaced the IOB board and the machine seemed ok for about 20 prints. It now says there is no black toner and will not load the toner. Any ideas would help!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Every time I've had a MPC machine that wont load toner, its because a door has been partially opened - normally the lower right had side isnt quite latched properly. The "close the door" message is normally behind the load toner message so it dosnt show up.......weird.

But your kinda past that now - I would prolly check dip switches on the IOB board are the same as the one you took off first. Is the NVRAM on this board ? - I cant remember but ive had this same problem with toner when changing NVRAM also. Maybe put the original board back on to verify if it gets rid of the black toner message? I think its something to do with the memory clear, seems too much of a coincidence that pumps and stuff go at the same time you change the toner....

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Every time I've had a MPC machine that wont load toner, its because a door has been partially opened - normally the lower right had side isnt quite latched properly. The "close the door" message is normally behind the load toner message so it dosnt show up.......weird.
    The MP4000/5000 does that too. I'd agree with the memory clear thing too, did you completely clear the NVram or just the engine? If you did clear the NVram, did you reinput the non-default values? I can't remember if an engine clear removes the data on the toner bottles, i.e. how new they are, the amount they've done etc.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Technician 50+ Posts
    there are some toner sensors on the toner supply at the back if these get dirty they can cause it to keep asking for toner even when you fit a new one. I have had this problem, cleaned the sensors and it worked fine.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bozz01 View Post
    Im working on a mpc 4500 and the orignal problem was that it would not load the yellow toner. The first thing i tryed was changing the toner bottle but that didnt change anything, the machine would just bring up the loading toner screen try to load then go back the the intail load toner screen. I then found out for support that a ram clear fixes this problem 90% of the time, so i preformed a ram all clear and it seemed to work for a while. In the time that it was working it breifly siad that the was no magenta toner when the bottle was full, it tried to load and wouldnt so i power cylced the machine and it seemed ok. The next morning customer rang and said the yellow was playing up again. i ordered a yellow pump and a IOB board. I replaced the pump, blew the hose out, tested the toner out sensors and replaced the IOB board and the machine seemed ok for about 20 prints. It now says there is no black toner and will not load the toner. Any ideas would help!
    Pull the pcu. look at the the toner entrance hole at the rear end of the dev unit. Is there toner in there? (Full?) If yes, check the dev unit turns ok Not the drum drive!) If empty, remove the ITB, you can then inspect the white drive gears for the toner hopper / dev unit on the rear plate of the machine. these can wear (especially the small one) and give poor toner supply.