Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar

Print issue with Savin, works on on ADP Printer

Posting this in Connectivity as well. Maybe I can get an answer.

I have a customer that is a Ford Dealership. They can print pretty much anything to the Savin 816 or Savin 8035 with no problem, both have 384mb ram.

The stuff from ISOVIEW5 which according to this is "The IsoView product family consists of a group of intelligent viewers, which allow the display and printing of high-quality vector graphics. Normally, these are illustrations in the CGM format, which are based on the latest industry standards. A main application area for IsoView is the integration into interactive electronic manuals (IETM), such as spare parts or sales catalogs or maintenance instructions"

Software allows display and printing of vector graphics., ITEDO Software LLC

So Savin do support Vector Graphics. I tried changing the IO Buffer size and timeout time. I changed from Frame to Font Priority. Changed Network speed, nada. The job goes to printer and usually ends up failing. its a 1.6mb job. A 50mb Tiff image has no problem.

Do Savin/Ricoh have problem with VECTOR Graphics that an ADP Printer wouldn't? I know the PCL6 drivers default print Vector. I was able to print it as RASTER, but it looked Horrible.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Try PCL5c and turn the network speed down to 10MB full duplex. That's how I sort most stupid printing problems from Windows and it's related silly faults.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    There is also a place in the PCL driver where you can change it from Raster to Vector. Just a thought.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

I will check on the PCL5 driver issue. Savin Driver Defaults as Vector. I changed to Raster and it printed but it was very pixelated and poor quality.

OVERWORKED..UNDERPAID 50+ Posts stig's Avatar
    I agree with TonerMunkeh, installed & set up a mpc2050 today and used a PCL6 driver with no problems then someone tried to print from some accounts software and the print job just kept on getting knocked back so i installed the PCL5 driver and it worked a treat.

Man I can't wait to stop by there and see if that fixes it. Flex my tech muscles lol