Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LDO50 Web

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Thing is a Pain in the butt to rebuild on sight though. Gotta agree. I was the first tech to do one, thought meh won't take me 20 minutes. An hour later I was done and bleeding. I need three arms lol. Now we just rebuild one in the shop and swap. Same for these god awful fuser designs they have been using the past few years. What happened to just a Hot Roller, Pressure Roller and Cleaning Roller. Now got all kinds of belts and complications.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    Thing is a Pain in the butt to rebuild on sight though. Gotta agree. I was the first tech to do one, thought meh won't take me 20 minutes. An hour later I was done and bleeding. I need three arms lol. Now we just rebuild one in the shop and swap. Same for these god awful fuser designs they have been using the past few years. What happened to just a Hot Roller, Pressure Roller and Cleaning Roller. Now got all kinds of belts and complications.
    Engineers have to change things around. It's there job. If they don't, then they are not needed thus losing their job. I just wish they made all the fusers like the old 5020.. those were da bomb.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zyqwiz View Post
    I've never had any problem undoing the web gear screw - you just need an allen key of the correct size!
    Would you believe it's a 1.5mm imperial allen key that fits these perfectly? Talk about 1 step forward and 1,500,000 backwards!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Would you believe it's a 1.5mm imperial allen key that fits these perfectly? Talk about 1 step forward and 1,500,000 backwards!
    Isn't 1.5MM IMPERIAL a contradiction!??

I thought Imperial and Metric were 2 different systems!

RUK have a bulletin for a modified screw. It seems the material / coating were causing it to seize in the gear. Hasn't been a problem since we fitted the modified screws.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    It is a bit bizarre, isn't it. I did buy a set of imperial allen keys from B&Q and I've not rounded one of the screws off yet.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LDO50 Web

And what's wrong with feet and inches? 'Bout as confusing as pounds and shillings and pence.

It is a bit bizarre, isn't it. I did buy a set of imperial allen keys from B&Q and I've not rounded one of the screws off yet.
    I only need to get it out once, and the whole crap Rube Goldberg contraption goes in the garbage, an AE040051 roller goes in there, and it takes >5minutes to change it next time.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    And what's wrong with feet and inches? 'Bout as confusing as pounds and shillings and pence.

I only need to get it out once, and the whole crap Rube Goldberg contraption goes in the garbage, an AE040051 roller goes in there, and it takes >5minutes to change it next time.
    How long are the fuser rollers lasting without the web system in there. I haven't had to replace a heat roller yet.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LDO50 Web

I notice slightly more wear depending on what is being printed, but they still seem to go 2.5xPM VS 3xPM. Honestly, that may be a fluke as I've only had to change maybe 3 heat rollers total on these beasts - the process doesn't hold up well enough to stress the fuser. Its so much easier to change the 0051 roller than it is the web, so as long as the heat roller lasts longer than the developer its a good mod.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts spaceman99's Avatar
    see link below from ealier this year. From another online inputter

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ricoh-savin-gestetner/19925-much-maligned-mp4000-5000-a.html motor etc.
    Technician

Join DateFeb 2009Posts23

Using AE040051 oil roller from Aficio 1055/ FT7900 series.
    Have to end for end the one way bearing on the oil roller. Even if it does not last as long, it is way easier to change.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    isnt there a flag sensor in the web unit? ( cant remember off hand) if so how does this mod affect that