Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LDO50 Web

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LDO50 Web

The sensor is up in the unit, but the actuator is attached to the web assembly. The flag drops into the sensor when the web ends, so remove the actuator along with all the other extra pieces and it can't trip the web end.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Copy3D
    If you really want, it may cause issues in the future, our team removes the web unit from the fuser and puts the fuser back in the machine. We figure the copier has problems as it is and the previous generations did not need a web, so why now. Haven't had any issues with fuser and I have had this done on two of mine for a year now. The only thing you have to do on every call is reset the pm counter for web consumption because they use a counter method instead of an actual sensor method. Just a thought.

Cool to be Quoted

We have been putting the oil rollers in the MP4000 series and the SP8200's. Have yet to change a hot roller. 400k+ on one. We still leave the PM counter on and change the oil roller at that time. Would still like to find a bushing that fits instead of using the one way bearing, they seem to cease every now and then. Been filling them with heat grease and that helps.
    Kittens give Morbo gas.

A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+

LDO50 Web

Quote Originally Posted by df3036 View Post
    Would still like to find a bushing that fits instead of using the one way bearing, they seem to cease every now and then. Been filling them with heat grease and that helps.
    Yeah its cool to be quoted - there's no telling how much hassle you've saved us with that.
    If you can find some weaker springs it helps big time - I had been clipping the stock springs short which sort of worked, but the oiler tended to fall out before you snapped it back together if you didn't get it just right. I found 6 or 7 sets in my spare parts box that were perfect, but I have no idea where they came from. Post the part number if you find a good set before I do.

BTW, Ricoh just launched an internal forum -*EXTREMELY*- similar to CopyTechNet... With your permission I'd like to repost this there. I don't know if I'd take any heat for defying the engineers and posting a "Field Tech" bulletin that corrects an obvious design flaw, but it won't be the first time I bucked the system and put my foot in my mouth. I'll make sure to wear clean socks.

Let me know.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    I have been afraid to touch anything on the fuser because the web is a pain but the fuser is an ever bigger one and the seem to last forever and I was attributing that to them having a web. If they still go as long I may have to try this.

There are no problems with not having a cleaning roller ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    BTW, Ricoh just launched an internal forum -*EXTREMELY*- similar to CopyTechNet... With your permission I'd like to repost this there. I don't know if I'd take any heat for defying the engineers and posting a "Field Tech" bulletin that corrects an obvious design flaw, but it won't be the first time I bucked the system and put my foot in my mouth. I'll make sure to wear clean socks.

Let me know.
    I don't see a problem with that. I tend to buck the system a little too much too. Have an address for that forum?

Dave
    Kittens give Morbo gas.

A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+

If you go to the TSC site there is a link to it at the top of the MP4000 page.

LDO50 Web

As I suspected, I posted this mod to the Ricoh forum, and it survived about a day before...

<snip>
    Edit from TSRC tech forum:

Thank you for your post. While Ricoh encourages innovation, there is a protocol that must be followed before we can authorize any deviation to the initially engineered product or maintenance practices. This protocol must be followed to ensure that safety, warranty, reliability & yield targets / standards are maintained. Therefore we have removed your post while it is evaluated. If at such time your suggestion is approved it will be published as a standardized practice.

Thank you for your suggestion.
    </snip>

I know Ricoh can't post unofficial modifications, but I was hoping the forum would allow techs to get away with it. You know... helping to keep the customers happier.

It took 2 years for Ricoh to release an "improved" toner for the MP3500...MP5000 that didn't come close to completely fixing the problem - there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of something actually useful making it past the corporate censors... um - engineers.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Yeah they don't seem to bother fixing issues on current models any more you have to wait for the new model and they ones that are out there with issues never get fixed.