Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LDO50 Web

Service Manager 250+ Posts

LDO50 Web

Which one of you guys pissed off the Ricoh engineers to make them design something like this. I've replaced a few webs on these things and it never seems to get any easier. Loved the LDO60 and LDO90 webs.. this one isn't very much fun.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GhostInTheMachine's Avatar
    Haha! It sure seems like they were in a hurry on the design on this one. No fun at all!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    The Alex web is f**cking horrible. The entire machine is a steaming pile of turkey vomit, in my humble opinion. Even worse, they're bringing another one out! Bastard spawn mk. 2!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    The Alex web is f**cking horrible. The entire machine is a steaming pile of turkey vomit, in my humble opinion. Even worse, they're bringing another one out! Bastard spawn mk. 2!
    Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel...lol

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Since the new toner has been getting out there I have been having them go longer before needing the pcdu rebuilt. The web could have been made easier to replace but it's nice that it has a web the fuser goes forever. Just replace the whole web unit.

Quote Originally Posted by msaeger View Post
    Since the new toner has been getting out there I have been having them go longer before needing the pcdu rebuilt. The web could have been made easier to replace but it's nice that it has a web the fuser goes forever. Just replace the whole web unit.
    Tell my boss to spend the extra bucks for the whole unit.... I don't think he'd go for it

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Tell him to look at the prices the unit isn't that much. Also you will need one anyway when you can't get that grub screw out of the gear on the end of the web

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msaeger View Post
    Tell him to look at the prices the unit isn't that much. Also you will need one anyway when you can't get that grub screw out of the gear on the end of the web
    Our shop bought one fuser and one web unit. We just rebuild them after we use them and put'em back on the self.

As for the allen screw that strips - We found a source were we could purchase the screws from a few cents a piece. Only problem was that we had buy like a 500 of them. So, for around $25, we have a ton of these screws which were actually pretty hard to find since there so small. As for getting them out, we use a small screw extractor. Works great! In the beginning, we had the screw strip out every other time. Now, we just put a new one in each time. And since we have so many screws laying around in a tray, it's not a big deal. Plus we all carry a few in our spare screw boxes.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LDO50 Web

Check this post: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...html#post71704

Works great - just be sure to read through to the end of the thread, I posted some slight tweaks... don't forget to clip the springs.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    I've never had any problem undoing the web gear screw - you just need an allen key of the correct size!