Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a1454 View Post
    And, I don't know if this is possible, but if someone knows a software that can perform a bit by bit copy of an SD card, I can probably upload the content of the SD card I got so if anyone is stuck with the same problem they can just get a blank card and flash it in. (Versus spending $147 buying a 128MB SD card)
    I use DD, generally from a Linux environment, for absolute 'bit by bit' copies of anything. I'd recommend using a Live Linux CD like Ubuntu or any other that floats your boat. There are lots of good tutorials out there for using this program but try it out first on some non-critical hardware. This command is powerful and will do what you ask, without question, even if that is hosing you PC's system partition. If you really want to play, I'd disconnect all HDD from the PC and boot from the CD, then you can experiment all you want.

In general it looks like this from a Terminal window:

dd if=/dev/yoursdcardhere of=/path/to/image/filename
    dd if=/path/to/image/file of=/dev/newsdcardhere

dd is the command, the default block size is 512 bytes and it will go until it reaches the end of the device
    if=/dev/yoursdcardhere is the argument that tells dd where to read from, as in if= stands for 'input file'
    of=/path/to/image/file is the argument that tells dd where to write the data that is read and what to call the file, of= stand for 'output file'

The command can go from one SD to another directly by specifying of=/dev/othersdcardhere. You'd have to plug in the card, unmount it and see what the device is called with dmesg.

Technician

sd card problem

Hi there, sorry too hear about your sd card failure. Have you tried to insert the card you are trying to copy from into your machine. I have just done the same here without any trouble. If you can't see the print/scan option in sp mode the machine don't have it instaled or it is mailfunction (memory failure?). The sd card slot is on the print/scan module so the card should contain the right "stuff".. I dont know if you can use the function app move in sp mode for copying that sd card. I know it works with other function like dos -->ps3 sd card.. The problem is that no body knows whats on that sd card, that's a ricoh production secret and can't be moved because it's hidden and have some sort of "secret code" that can't be copyied..(sorry about my crappy english) ..But if you find a used controller with all function maybe thats your cheapest solution

Technician
    Leif:

Thanks for the reply, sorry I didn't describe my situation clear enough, but the machine was in a fully functional state before the SD card problem, now I've ordered a new SD with model number a Ricoh support technician gave me. The SD authentication failure problem went away, but my scanner and printer feature didn't come back. and according to that Ricoh support tech "the firmware for scanner and printer is probably not installed". My real question is, how do I install a "firmware" for scanner and printer module?
    Thanks!

Zed:
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try!

Technician

sd card firmware

Hi again, I have searched true my manuals and that system card can't be modified. I'ts protected so no one can tamper with it..I't like post script sd card, cant be copied/modified.If I have to replace the sd systemcard it's delivered stright from the factory where it's produced, that's why it's has an unique ordering number B157 xxxx. . 3224 was delivered standard with print/scan so there is only one system card firmware for this machine..
    Firmware that's upgradeable is stored on the nvram. Check sp mode 5990-004. There you will find your current firmware. There have been none changes in firmware since 2007/2006. Does your nib light up with an orange light? I have now just fired up my 3224 without the system card and as you have noticed print/scan is gone.. so the conclusion has to be that your dealer have messed up your sd card... The machine will fail after nvram clear because it don't know it's country code, i belive the same will happend if some one tamper with the serial number. Changing system sd-card seems to have none influence for the controller.

Technician
    Thanks again for the quick reply,

The SD card I have on hand right now is ordered straight from Ricoh USA, it is handed to me still in original packaging with the sticker that says "made in japan"...

What do you mean by "nib" light? are you talking about the light at the lower left corner of the control panel or the network activity lights? (NIC)

Again, thanks for the prompt reply, I'm not next to my machine right now but as soon as I get home I will start it up and check 5990-004.

Technician
    sorry, I'ment where you apply your network cable... (network interface card/ nib--> nettwork interface board)

Technician
    Hi,
    Have you checked to make sure in service mode 5-985 1 & 2 are enabled ?
    I know on other machines after clearing the nvram these are disabled (On board Nic & On board USB) & need to be turned on. If disabled the printer & scanner items in user tools etc don't appear.
    These m/c are pos but better than the 1224 !
    All the best

Philinghorn

Technician
    Leif:

I've printed all the logs from 5-990-004 and it looks like the firmware I have is 1.07, I believe someone told me if the firmware is above 1.08 then I can update firmware just from the web monitor, but since I'm at 1.07, I don't know what's the procedure for updating firmware.
    The NIB lights do light up amber when I turn on the machine.

Again, thanks for the reply

Philinghorn:
    Yes, both of these are enabled, I've tried to disable both of them, restart, enable both of them, restart, but it seems like the problem just won't go away.
    yeah, I've already spent more than 3 months on this machine, but since I know it was working before the SD card problem, I'd really hate to throw away a mechanically good machine.

Thanks for all the help!

Technician
    hi again, I posted a replay but i seems like it's gone. Sp mode 78xx (don't remember) there is an menu to see all firmware. There you will find nib and scanner firmware. If you want to upgrade your firmware true web image monitor you have to have the the firmware files om your computer when doing this or you can upload it to a sd card under the folder romdata on the sd card before you put it in your copier any way you have to have the firmware on your computer. (remember to switch off the copier before you insert or eject the sd card or else your controller stalls!!) use slot 3 --->service slot and slot 1 --->system card

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    if your friend is a ricoh dealer, then they should have access to the firmware online. you take a blank SD card, create a folder on it called "romdata" and load the files onto the card. With the machine powered OFF, you remove a cover on the controller and insert the SD card into the lowest slot, power on the machine, and follow the instructions on the screen. Important... do not power off during the update process or you will have a large plant stand.