Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Your codes deal with the thermostats not working right based on the readings from the thermistors.
    I have turned down fuser replaced brackets put spacers behind fuser . It has worked o turn down 1107 for me .
    Plus i have found a mp7500 with level l firmware that has never had any of these problems

Senior Tech 100+ Posts spaceman99's Avatar
    Men of the copier World

I appear to of fixed mine. I noticed while checking the lamps that the presure roller was not springing when the tension spring were off and fuser stripped down. I replaced the roller as this fault appeared after a PM and was working fine before.

After new hot plus presure roller in all appears well. i was getting SC555 every other day.

You just never know....................

GOOD LUCK

Technician
    Bulleton #2 has new style brackets for the thermistors (part # D0624196 and D0624197)... The new style brackets have an "O" written on them from ricoh. supposedly their shape has been changed to alter the contact positionon the hot roller. We also find bad electricity to blame in many of these cases. We have a wall voltage monitor made by "AC Scout" corporation and it has made customers get the electrical fixed by the power company. Any votages dropping below 110vac~108vac the machine get flakey fuser codes!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts spaceman99's Avatar

Cool

bob
    Very very interesting that you write about “bad electricity” not helping this machine. I had one that suddenly started getting Sc555 I pluged it into another power socket and I have never been back to it. I could not prove it at the time but I was sure that this was the cause.

Would you recormend reforming the brackets instead of ordering new ones

Thank you very interesting thread.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Myself and my coworkers we are fighting this problem every day. Until now nothing helped except adjusting the fuser temp and the idling times. Many times I asked my managers to approve the purchase of a decent power line monitor...but they can not find budget for such a thing!!!! It looks like they don't want to upset customers and sales with what I'll found.
    Can you give me a quote for a decent power line monitor....What I found on the web is around 800$...a little bit to much for a tech to afford from his own salary

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Im with the bad electricity theory - or power surges or something.

We put a timer on the wall socket of a MP7500 - it turns the machine off at 9pm and on again at 6am. When we looked at the SMC report we were getting SC555 (I think, it may have been 542) every morning at 430am. So we put in the timer to turn it off at that time and it seems to be sorted.

I think it had to do when the air con turned on.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman99 View Post
    Got new thermistors in this morning......... Guess whats coming next....................... SC555.

In teh words of Tcs04 So THEY WORK THEN

What a shame .....never mind still keeps me employed...........
    New engine firmware on TESSA (UK) as of 15/03/2010

To cure fuser codes when machine powers up if ADF is open (?!)

Have fitted to the 2 new MP8001 machines we had the problem on.

These machines both have the new thermistors and new firmware. One has the fuser idle set.

Re the posts concerning power issues, these machines are in a newly refurbished building with completley new power distribution system and are in the same room as the distribution board so I doubt thats an issue.

Time will tell!

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Same as AW10 0111 and 0112 from the Adonis?
    You use the same thermistors in the adonis & martini? The red ended plug thermistor has a different length lead - do they work ok?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    MP6500 / 6000 / 6001 etc Fuser codes

What do you mean by fuser idle set?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    There is new Engine firmware on the US TSRC site for the MP6001 series as of March 8, file is D0625127P. The Firmware History pdf hasn't been updated, but the hint our DSM had given me a few weeks back was related to the ADF being open. I've been watching the older series for new firmware but nothing yet although I've been told its coming shortly. The readme file with the firmware does say it correct SC555 code caused by booting the machine with the ADF open. This helps, but I believe this is not the whole problem by any means.
    Come on Fulham!