Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    thecopyguru

Ricoh SPc232sf and a counter unit interface

Can this copier be foreseen with a coin vendor interface / optional counter unit?

Who is the real manufacturer of this device? Samsung?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Brother makes this one. I've never heard of vending device on this model, but it could be possible to put a counter on it that captures the change in state of the exit sensor. You'll probably have to check with the manufacturers of the devices to see what is possible.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    I don't think one of these would be good for a coin op anyway too hard to operate.

thecopyguru
    Neither do I like to put a coin op on it, it's just the customer of a dealer (library) who wants to do so.

And I only want to know whether it is physically possible (is there a connector and a dedicated mode for it) or would it mean to cut wires to force the "solution'

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

On the old Konicas that didn't allow for an external keycounter, we used to hack it into one of the paper passage sensors, as teebee1234 said - the machine would display a jam if there was no card attached and, when copying with a card, the sensor would provide the needed info for the copies to be accounted.

Now, if you're going that way, I'd advise you to try it first on your own before giving an answer to the customer. Some other way - probably the best one - would be "No, sorry. Only the more expensive models allow that."
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!