Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Savin C3528 Cyan Dev sta not set message returns

I am not real familar with this model. I have replaced the dv sta twice with the same result.
    "Cyan dev not set" message.
    Has anyone else seen this problem and what was done to fix it?
    I am not getting any odd copy quality or codes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

DR

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Did you replace developer only will not fix the problem. then
    Try to replace the new developer unit.

kayjaig,
    I have replaced it twice only to have the dev not set message return and take the machine down.
    I saw this machine today, and here is what happen. It was off when I got there and had been off for
    a couple of weeks. I turn it on, it displayed the message, I took the cyan dev sta out looked it real hard
    looked at the connector in the machine. Both appeared normal, so I put it all back and the messeage cleared.
    I made 25 - 30 copies and I got this code SC376. After that cleared the dev not set message returned.
    I went to my laptop to open the book only to find I don't have the book for B178-17.
    I will post more later.

DR

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    If you have replaced the whole developer unit twice, and you are still having the problem. I would say you have pretty much eliminated the dv unit. Could be a faulty connector, harness, or board. I would check the TD sensor reading in SP modes to see if it is reading correctly first. Then I would probably get out my meter and point to point diagram and trace the signals from the dv unit to the board. If everything seems normal, as a LAST resort ONLY, I have fixed a few of these with that problem by performing an engine memory clear. I say last resort, but I would try it before replacing a board. Re-entering birth certificate (non-default) data is time consuming, but it is cheaper than a board if it works.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You can CHANGE the dev in these units? But why? Seems like asking for trouble.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Wasn't there an RTB out for these things that mentioned bending the front plate to make the dev units contact better?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

check, if the td sensor sits firmly in the frame of the dv unit; apply some pressure on it to make sure it sits good
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Thank you for all the suggestions. I now have the pubs I needed at least for a reference.

To add more to my last post.

I removed all the drums, dv units, transfer unit and duplex. I could see that the cyan connector was not as clean. On the bottom
    of the machine was a small pile of cyan toner. My blower brush was not able to clean it out so I used a foam swab. It came out
    with magenta and cyan toner. I am thinking I will have to get to that connector for a better look.
    The book defines the SC376 code as relating to the cyan TD sensor. As this is the second dv unit I think the problem is in the box. Somewhere.
    I did check the TD sensor readings but not knowing what they should be, I could not tell if the cyan was out of range. I should be able to
    find that in the book.
    tinfox, you mention we can change the dv unit. But why? Do you replace the mix instead of the whole unit? If so please share this
    with the rest of us.
    fearless, as this is the only one of these I have to service, I have never had to change a board in any Ricoh yet. And I do have a few b/w
    Ricohs that I service. So I am not familar with re entering the data you speak of, but I am aware that the boards are embedded with
    something so they will work in the machine. Hopefully, it won't go that far.
    herrmann, I will also check the TD sensor for placement. It is possible that two in a row could have the same problem from the factory.
    This customer has an identical machine around the corner. It does not have this problem. I could compare the TD readings with that one.
    How much trouble is it to get those dv connectors out of the machine?

Thanks for all your help

DR

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GhostInTheMachine's Avatar
    I had this problem. I replaced dv unit, and connector in back of machine. Still didn't work.

I finally put a folded up piece of paper between the dev unit and the front frame that goes across all the units. This keeps the dev unit pushed as far back in the machine as possible. So far no call backs.

Ghost,
    I like simple fixes. But a piece of paper would only be a temporary cure. The connector should be remounted or supported to prevent this problelm.
    But I may have a piece of rubber with a sticky back tat could serve the same function and not fall out by accident.
    I was able to induce this message in the yellow by pulling out and by pass the interlock. It cleared as soon as the yellow was re installed.
    I hope it will be that easy.

Thanks for sharing

DR