Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Ever seen this???? VIDEO

Perhaps the opened flap adds the extra length the machine needs to feed them properly.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rednecktech's Avatar
    PROBLEM SOLVED: The customer is going to run them long ways now. Thanks for all of the replies. The first day I walked in I asked her if she has always run them this way and she said yes. It is good to know about opening the flap to give it just a touch more length. Thanks again.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Opening the flap also helps combat envelope wrinkling.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Technician
    I have seen this exact same problem with regular 20lb. paper about three times. The paper stalls as it attempts to enter the "nip" of the exit rollers. i repaired all 3 of these by taking out the white idle rollers and trimming the raised flanges from both ends of these idlers. They are similar in design to what used to be referred as "Stiffness Rollers". An old bulleton for jamming on another Ricoh copier from about 10 years ago told us to trim the flanged edges on these and that fixed the jamming at the time. I applied this same logic/fix to the bridge unit exit jam I was having more recently and it resolved the issue immediately. It is difficult however to cut through these hard plastic rollers. I used a heated up blade to cut through the plastic. Not pretty, but Simple and Effective Fix.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Ever seen this???? VIDEO

It sounds like Dremel work to me. A course sanding wheel on low speed would make short work of this task. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rednecktech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bob scheffer View Post
    I have seen this exact same problem with regular 20lb. paper about three times. The paper stalls as it attempts to enter the "nip" of the exit rollers. i repaired all 3 of these by taking out the white idle rollers and trimming the raised flanges from both ends of these idlers. They are similar in design to what used to be referred as "Stiffness Rollers". An old bulleton for jamming on another Ricoh copier from about 10 years ago told us to trim the flanged edges on these and that fixed the jamming at the time. I applied this same logic/fix to the bridge unit exit jam I was having more recently and it resolved the issue immediately. It is difficult however to cut through these hard plastic rollers. I used a heated up blade to cut through the plastic. Not pretty, but Simple and Effective Fix.
    I wondered if these raised edges on the white rollers were catching the paper. Interesting. I think that would be a good job for the dremel as well.