Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar

Angry KM BizHub 600 dirty copies

These seem to be the dirtiest machines I've worked on since the old Ricoh Af450's.

The developers on this and similar models seem to start misting the toner off of the mag roller, building up on the spill plate and then dribbling onto the copies. This happens frequently ~40-70% into the PM cycle. Had one today start doing this after being re-started earlier this week.

We've researched the bulletins and the knowledge base. Sounds like KM is having the same trouble as there are conflicting bulletins out on how to fix the problem. One even goes so far as to say a previous bulletin screws the machine up. No details on this as I got this from a co-worker.

Any suggestions of cleaning this up?

Scott

p.s. Don't get me started on the mess in the toner hopper!

Hi Scott

I could write a novel on how to fix this but here a few things to keep in mind.

Make sure to change the drum and developer bearing as this will be a factor with the dumping. Also frequent PM kits are key.

If you need more in depth info send me a private message. We were changing the starter as early as 30,000 copies after each change. Now we have mastered it and go well over the PM cycle.

I thought KM initially said they had this resolved on the Biz 600. Haha, yeah right!

John

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Welcome to the copy quality nightmare known as Konica Minolta. I have seen the toner misting,dripping,and scattering problem since the first Konica 7050 digital copier/printer model. They came out with a bunch of excuses and so called fixes, but none really worked to eliminate the problem. They even went as far as to say paper dust was contaminating the developer thru the recycled toner. If that is the case, why do they continue to recycle? Since the BH600 is based on the 7155 - 7272 engine I am not surprised to see the toner problem still there. I have tried, with limited success, lowering the toner concetration and density with the dipsw settings. However, this only works if the customer prints text and is not too critical of solid fills, which is another problem KonMinolta has. Anyway, I wish you all the luck in the world with this one. I recommend overselling KonicaMinolta machines. They work very well in environments below their monthly volume ratings (one pm per year, at the most).

KonicaMinolta Tech. 250+ Posts CMB's Avatar
    same thing here. just clean it all up,replace the drum and developer,run the drum precuilarity adjustments and keep on keeping on. other than that,we have no other copy quality problems.
    http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital
    630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12