Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Venus C1 (Ricoh Aficio Color 3260C) DC Power Supply Schematics

Unhappy Venus C1 (Ricoh Aficio Color 3260C) DC Power Supply Schematics

Mashine just sitting there, idling.... suddenly a big "BOOOM" and the DC Powersupply went to the Eternal Hunting Fields

After disassembling, one can see, that there was a Flashover between the Printig Circuit in the last 5V Switching Powersupply to the Metal Plate. So far, so bad...

As a former TV Technician, i have no Problem to do with Electronics and repair SPS, but i need a Schematic Diagram. Ricoh Technical site offers only a Point to Point Diagram, no Schematics.

Someone out there, who can help me?

Ps.: I forgot to mention, that i live in a 240 Volt Area, but a Schematic of a 110 Volt SPS would be helpful also
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

No way you'll find an actual schematic unless you know someone in the engineering design department in Japan Most manufacturers us proprietary components and keep things close to the vest. Techs only do board replacement these days, there is no way we have the tools, time and training to actually try and diagnose/service them at component level. Here is a link to the company we use for board repair here in the States.....Hytec
    Last edited by teebee1234; 03-23-2010 at 10:05 PM.

I already contacted Hytec for another case (was a bad BICU of a MP2500, BTW, i fixed it by myself by changing a blown Transistor), but the Problem is, that i am in Europe and they require cash before delivery, which i can understand somehow but which i am not willing to do
    So i am trying my Luck here, i think the costs of 1200 Euro for a new PSU is at least worth to ask
    Last edited by Herrmann; 03-23-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: typo
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    For the record, we've had good service with repaired boards from Hytech in case you're hesitant. We've actually had one shipped back that weren't bad and didn't need fixing. And no, I don't work there or own stock or anything like that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    We use Hytec all the time. Never had a problem.
    Don't take that toner with me!

ok, after all your positive Statments regarding Hytec, i tried to give them a Chance... but guess what....(i should have forseen this) they are not able to repair 200 Volt Units

It's not their fault, they are in a 100 Volt area, so i am not annoyed about it.

Nevertheless thank you all for your recommendation, i will give Hytec a try next time possible

I will try the hard way to revive this bord, stay tuned

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by herrmann View Post
    ok, after all your positive Statments regarding Hytec, i tried to give them a Chance... but guess what....(i should have forseen this) they are not able to repair 200 Volt Units

It's not their fault, they are in a 100 Volt area, so i am not annoyed about it.

Nevertheless thank you all for your recommendation, i will give Hytec a try next time possible

I will try the hard way to revive this bord, stay tuned
    If you can repair boards then I think you should seriously consider starting your own business over there. That's how Hytech started out, a regional copier service company trying to save costs doing their own board repairs. Eventually expanded by doing repairs for other dealers and went independent. Doesn't look like you have any competition in Europe, you could do big business.