Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts PinevskiS's Avatar
    Hi,

I changed this option in Network and Sharing Center" -> "Change Advanced Sharing Settings" -> Select "Turn off password protected sharing" and Scan to folder WORK ,but this PC have USER without PASSWORD.
    Also I have PC with USER and PASSWORD and Scan to folder doesn't WORK.
    Is there are have more Security setting?
    Thanks.

Check both perms...

Win7 is different from Xp in that it gives superior control over both the NTFS (filesystem) read/write permissions as well as the SMB share permissions.

I've had 95% success rate on Win7 machines by ensuring that I have added the network user account on the local machine that the copier logs in on (with us, it's a user called "scan") is added to both the NTFS and SMB perms.

When in the properties for the folder, under the sharing tab click Advanced Sharing. Then click Permissions. Then click "add". For the "object name" type the name of the user ("scan") and hit "Check Names" -- it should auto-populate the hostname of the local machine, so LOCALMACHINE\scan

Hit OK. it goes back a screen. Then select the user LOCALMACHINE\scan from the list, and down below make sure that Full Control, Change and Read are all checked off (by default, only Read is). Hit Ok and then Ok and then OK and you should be golden.

Tomorrow I try to setup one machine.
    Thanks ,
    Best Regards

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Window 7 scan to folder

Quote Originally Posted by PinevskiS View Post
    Hi,

I changed this option in Network and Sharing Center" -> "Change Advanced Sharing Settings" -> Select "Turn off password protected sharing" and Scan to folder WORK ,but this PC have USER without PASSWORD.
    That option is there exactly because of the users that don't have a password. A more secure option would be to leave that option alone and just give a password to that user.

Of course many people just can't be hassled into typing a password to use their computer.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    That option is there exactly because of the users that don't have a password. A more secure option would be to leave that option alone and just give a password to that user.

Of course many people just can't be hassled into typing a password to use their computer.

Agreed some don't use a password. But Many versions of windows have unsecured Backdoors with No Password and I use them for the Scanning Authentication. Much easier than a user that changes their password often and won't learn how to change it on the WEB Image Monitor.

Thanks all,
    Today I don't have time to try setup machine ,but tomorrow I try and I tell you what happen.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    I setup a Savin 9020 the other day and one of the clients had a laptop with Win7 Pro.

I could browse to the laptop, but when I chose the laptop from the workgroup list, it prompted for username and password. At the this point, I entered the username and password provided by the client. It was rejected with a "Failed to Authenticate" error. Since the login info was a user account and I noticed that the laptop had a seperate Admin account, I asked for that as well. After several attempts, and both being rejected, I was stumped.

After a quick search on the Knowledge Base, I found that there was a change in the NIB firmware for all machines produced after Jan `10. It added support for NTLMv2, which our machines did not support before this year. Bear in mind, this machine was delivered last week while I was on vacation, so I would have assumed that the machine had up to date firmware. After a firmware update, the machine logged in like it should and everyone was happy.

So be sure to check your firmware levels and upgrade them if you are behind. Since finding this, I am going back to two other machines that I had this same problem, but with Server 2008.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Window 7 scan to folder

Since I can't get firmware. (not a dealer) I used filezilla ftp server which works fine.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unisys12 View Post
    I setup a Savin 9020 the other day and one of the clients had a laptop with Win7 Pro.

I could browse to the laptop, but when I chose the laptop from the workgroup list, it prompted for username and password. At the this point, I entered the username and password provided by the client. It was rejected with a "Failed to Authenticate" error. Since the login info was a user account and I noticed that the laptop had a seperate Admin account, I asked for that as well. After several attempts, and both being rejected, I was stumped.

After a quick search on the Knowledge Base, I found that there was a change in the NIB firmware for all machines produced after Jan `10. It added support for NTLMv2, which our machines did not support before this year. Bear in mind, this machine was delivered last week while I was on vacation, so I would have assumed that the machine had up to date firmware. After a firmware update, the machine logged in like it should and everyone was happy.

So be sure to check your firmware levels and upgrade them if you are behind. Since finding this, I am going back to two other machines that I had this same problem, but with Server 2008.

Very odd, I also figured the new machine had the most up to date NIB Software. I experience this ALL THE TIME with WIN7 Pc's. As I mentioned above I just program the path, and user info in web image monitor and it works fine. You just cannot access the PC via the browse function on the MFP screen.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Hi vulkor
    im intrested in your post
    Agreed some don't use a password. But Many versions of windows have unsecured Backdoors with No Password and I use them for the Scanning Authentication. Much easier than a user that changes their password often and won't learn how to change it on the WEB Image Monitor.
    how do you manage to do this and is there a way to set a windows m/c that has no user name and password not just win 7
    many thx