Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Window 7 scan to folder

Updated NIB firmware from 5.10 to 5.20. Scans to folder with no issues.

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Window 7 scan to folder

Re: Window 7 scan to folder

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    Very odd, I also figured the new machine had the most up to date NIB Software. I experience this ALL THE TIME with WIN7 Pc's. As I mentioned above I just program the path, and user info in web image monitor and it works fine. You just cannot access the PC via the browse function on the MFP screen.
    This is driving me nuts - even after I upgraded NIB firmware to the latest. Prior to upgrade it wouldn't even allow me the re-enter path or login/password without hard reboot of the machine. I've tried to setup path from computer but this didn't seem to matter. On one occasion I used user 'owner' that wasn't even in the list of owners - and that worked. This is so odd... On another occasion all the shared folders I created @ root wouldn't work, but lo and behold, there was one deep into subdirectories that I finally managed to scan to. On another occasion computer let me log in with credentials to the particular path, but then there was another folder 'scan' that also asked me to login/pswd - the same combo just didn't work there. Some computers (actually most of them) with windows 7 are simple and straight forward (either home or work type of network) - but some computers are just like talking to a wall.

This nightmare continues ....

zandie

Edit the properties of the shared folder, enable read and write on it.

Window 7 scan to folder

Quote Originally Posted by zandie View Post
    Edit the properties of the shared folder, enable read and write on it.
    Wish it was that easy. Went through diff. layers of security many times. I know networks can be slow at times, but customer not giving you proper credentials doesn't help.

Window 7 scan to folder

well, another issue with scan to folder.
    Windows vista 32 bit.
    Ok printing.
    Setup authenticate users via login name and password in WIM/address book (tried both ways)
    browse network - login with proper credentials - OK!
    Test connection - OK!
    Attempt to scan - waiting, waiting, waiting.... and eventually it bails out -unable to send.
    All firewalls are down.
    The killer here is that it actually verifies connection test and it's OK.
    ?????????
    I've never had a problem with vista doing that.
    There's got to be a first...
    Any clues?

Technician

As what other guys recommended. I do agree better upgrade the firmware.

Technician

If the MFP model is older so update the firmware should be first priority

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

There are also a couple places to check or uncheck share and or password required. I can’t remember exactly where it was but seem like the one that allowed this particular workstation to scan was under one of the advance tabs. We set up 5 W7 workstations but only one required us to uncheck this particular box.

I realize this is a really old thread, but I am having problems setting up a Savin 4060 SP to scan to a Windows 7 shared folder. I am not a copy tech, but this is the only forum I could find addressing this issue. I set up permissions for the folder with full control to Everyone and added Everyone to people to share with. I also went to Network and Sharing Center and turned all options in Public and Home/Work except password protected sharing. I do not have a password on my user account. I turned off the firewall. This Savin has been able to scan to a Windows XP machine with no problems for years. I have tried to manually enter the ip in the Savin control panel but it says it can't find the computer. It also did not work when I set a password on my computer and added this information to the Webimage monitor. Here is a screen shot of the firmware screen.

IMG_3701.JPG

Do I need to update the firmware? If yes, I am assuming I will need a tech to do this for me. Anyone in the Houston area who I can pay to do this for me? Thanks.

Kasey

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GhostInTheMachine's Avatar

You MUST have a password protected account to use scan-to-SMB with Windows 7. Then turn on password protected sharing.