Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    PMed with info

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The fastest way to make any scan-to-folder with ricoh machies on windows 7 is installing a ftp server on the computer(s) that must receive scans.
    1. make sure your computers has static IP.
    2. configure a FTP server on those computers (i prefer Xlight ftp server, free and rock solid), and assign to the destination folder complete access.
    3. Assign a destination folder on the copier via FTP by inputing the IP of destination, username and password (you can create it on the ftp server)
    For more information please reply there
    Luigi - Digitalix Srl

Does this limit to one scan destination?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The limit is one folder per pc / ftp server

Luigi digitalix srl

Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    The limit is one folder per pc / ftp server

Luigi digitalix srl
    I wasn't aware that Ricoh machines could scan to multiple FTP Servers. I suppose that can be setup just like SMB Destinations. Just only had 1 customer ever use FTP.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I'm not sure that Ricoh can handle multiple FTP server, if not, you can share the single-destination folder in your lan, so all of the users can retrieve their files from there

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I'm not sure that Ricoh can handle multiple FTP server, if not, you can share the single-destination folder in your lan, so all of the users can retrieve their files from there
    Keep in mind you should be able to create sub folders under the FTP root folder for individual users. That way you don't have one cluttered folder and can apply access rights to the individual users for their own folders.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If your copier can create and manage sub folders for individual users, can also handle multiple ftp destinations, so every user can have his single destination on his single pc

Technician
    Hi,

You can also try this.

How to set up Scan to Folder with SMB on a Windows 7 PC
    Question

How do I set up Scan to Folder with SMB on a Windows 7 PC? (How do I allow communication with a specific IP address for Windows Firewall with Advanced Security?)
    Answer

If you cannot send a file from your device using the Scan to Folder function, Windows Firewall may be blocking the communication. Allow communication with a specific IP address in the Windows Firewall settings, and then perform the scan again.

To allow communication with a specific IP address, follow these steps:

Note

* Screenshots are provided for reference purposes only. Your display may vary depending on your operating system and device.

* "Scan to Folder with SMB" refers to performing Scan to Folder while [SMB] is selected in [Protocol] in the [Enter Destination] screen.

1. On the taskbar, click [Start], and then click [Control Panel].

2. Click [System and Security].

3. Click [Windows Firewall].

4. Click [Turn Windows Firewall on or off].

5. Confirm that [Turn on Windows Firewall] is selected, and then click [OK].

6. Click [System and Security].

7. Click [Administrative Tools].

8. Double-click [Windows Firewall with Advanced Security].

9. Confirm the current profile.

The profile displayed as [*** Profile is Active] is the active protocol. (In the below example, the [Public Profile] is currently active.)

10. Click [Inbound Rules].

11. Scroll down the screen to find the following 3 rules which apply to the profile you confirmed in step 9.

Double-click a rule.

As an example, here we will be opening [File and Printer Sharing (NB Session-In)].

Rule Name Port
    File and Printer Sharing (NB Name-In) UDP137
    File and Printer Sharing (NB Session-In) TCP139
    File and Printer Sharing (SMB-In) TCP445

12. In the Properties screen, select the [Scope] tab, and then click the [Add] button in [Remote IP address].

13. Enter the IP address of your device, and then click [OK].

Here, we have entered "192.168.1.100" as an example.

14. Confirm that the IP address you entered is displayed, and then click [OK].

15. Repeat steps 12 to 14 for [File and Printer Sharing (NB Name-In)] and [File and Printer Sharing (SMB-In)].

16. Click the [Close] button.

17. Click the [Close] button in the [Administrative Tools] screen.

18. Click the [Close] button in the [System and Security] screen.

19. The configuration is now complete.

Perform Scan to Folder (SMB) again to confirm you can now scan successfully.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Window 7 scan to folder

i encounter a similar issue today. 4 months ago delivered and installed a Savin 8030e. Scan to email, scan to folder, etc. This was done on 12 win 7 pc's. (created a user with password and gave permissions to folder). Scan to folder has been working great. Today i delivered a MP C4500. After 3 hours i have not been able to get the machine to scan to folder. When i browse the workgroup, i can only see 9 out of the 12 pc's. It is set up exactly the same as the savin, but if fails every time. I suspect firmware to be the issue.