Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Savin 4027 making clicking noise

Got a Savin 4027 that few months ago started making clicking noise. Replaced bearings on hot roller and pressure roller. Sound is back but the bearings are still good. When just open bypass doors to remove excess toner there is no sound, as soon as start making copies it returns, but not always right away

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Make sure the fuser case isn't cracked or damaged where the bearing is held on the bottom. If it is, try using the AE030047 bearing. It's the same size but has a collar on it and you won't have to replaced the fuser case. Make sure you're using a lithium based grease between the roller and the bearing too.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post
    Make sure the fuser case isn't cracked or damaged where the bearing is held on the bottom. If it is, try using the AE030047 bearing. It's the same size but has a collar on it and you won't have to replaced the fuser case. Make sure you're using a lithium based grease between the roller and the bearing too.
    The grease is the key.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Yeah if you don't put the grease on there new ones will make that noise too.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Savin 4027 making clicking noise

like they said, grease

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post

You can use the Collared Bearing on these?? That is sweet, Gonna tell tech manager. Can't count on my hands how many lower fuser frames we've replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    You can use the Collared Bearing on these?? That is sweet, Gonna tell tech manager. Can't count on my hands how many lower fuser frames we've replaced.
    YES!!!!!! They are a little trickier to put on, but it can save your bacon and your wallet.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Rorschach's Avatar
    I assume you're putting the AE030047 bearings on with the collar to the inside of the UHR? It's a nifty little fix, and one I plan to put to use when I come across one of these buggers; I hate having to replace the lower cover of that fusing unit.

When you say trickier to put on, do you mean because of the metal frame of the fuser, since it's a tight fit as is with the flat bearings?

Thanks!
    Today's subliminal quote is:

Not to hijack the thread or anything, sorry about that.

The collars go on the outside of the metal frame with the collar half facing out and the fat side in (collar closest to retaining ring). You can't put them on before installing them in the unit, which makes it a little tricky to get on, but it saves time and money in the long run. I'm not claiming to have come up with this. There is a thread from a ways back that introduced it with pics included.