Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Aficio CL7300 ghosting on black. Swapped with used colr drum unit but

Thumbs up Aficio CL7300 ghosting on black. Swapped with used colr drum unit but

Ghost images on black . Customer had 3 used color drum units. I put them in machine in place of black though I wasn't sure it could be done. Still ghost images on black prints. I would have checked transfer belt cleaning or fuser but no ghosting on other colors and those units are common to all colors. Any help is appreciated. Frank

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by axyun View Post
    Ghost images on black . Customer had 3 used color drum units. I put them in machine in place of black though I wasn't sure it could be done. Still ghost images on black prints. I would have checked transfer belt cleaning or fuser but no ghosting on other colors and those units are common to all colors. Any help is appreciated. Frank
    fit a k drum unit and get back to me if your stuck.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    If you don't feel like waiting for the maintenance kit to arrive, use a B1809511 drum and take the encoder on the old K drum out with a thin flat blade screwdriver. Put it in the same slot on the copier version drum and reset the PM counter manually in service mode.

Thanks for replying . Can the CL7300 color drum units be substituted for the black drum unit and visa versa. When I used two different used color drum unis in place of the black drum unit to test why did they also have ghosting if they weren't ghosting before they were changed for new ones. I'm just wondering if a new black drum unit won't ghost image too. Is there something else I should look at? Frank

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    The drums are all the same other than the sticker on the faceplate. The K PCU is its own maintenance kit as it usually wears out before the CMY units. If the problem stays the same with moving the drums around then more than likely the issue is somewhere else. Can you submit samples?

Thanks Rthonpm. I don't have the prints with me. left them at customer's office. They look like the same type of repeat imaging you would get from a worn drum cleaning blade, That's why I immediately assumed it was the black drum unit. Another customer I have has a CL7100. I was doing a call near this customer today and stopped by. The customer had been having continual toner message issues like replace the toner when there was a new one already installed. I stopped by and asked customer if he had been using the machine and he said no. He let me borrow the black drum unit and I went to other customer's office not realizing that they are slightly different. The Cl7100 would not go all the way in. Is there something that needs to be modified on the CL7100 so that it can go into the CL7300 and when I return it I will be able to reinstall into CL7100? Frank