Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MP171SPF - Address Book Data Error

A new firmware for the MP201 related to the same problem

Technician
    MP171SPF - Address Book Data Error

Quote Originally Posted by limo View Post
    A new firmware for the MP201 related to the same problem
    Very Good! I´m having this problem with MP201 too.
    Last edited by DiskCopy; 08-30-2011 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Correct Text

Technician

Okay,

After update MP201 Firmware System/Copy to 1.04 and MP171 Firmware System/Copy to 1.03 , still having aleatory "Addres Book Error" messages.

No one of this machines have Hard Disk.
    The manual clearly makes reference to hard Disk (corrupted data) associated with this error.

I´ve never had this problem MP161 , even with users turning-off the switch and etc., ( more than 200 hundred machines installed)

I really believe this is a embedded problem with the MP171 and MP201 software. Is not acceptable that the machine have this kind of problem. And when it occurs you cant even log as Super-user , and have to turn-off/on to back to the normal condition.

Anyone have some news to solve this problem?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts withnail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by limo View Post
    A new firmware has been released but i dont know if it is for prevention or if also is fixing the problem when is already happens.
    Anyone has tried that?
    We have the Recovery SD Card that recovers the SC870 Address book Error saving replacement of the controller board. I have recovered plenty of machines and then loaded the latest firmware but the fault is still occuring. I believe Ricoh Japan are working on a permanent fix but so far we haven't seen it.

Technician

Hope is the last to die

I´ve tried to updated the firmware and did not fixed when the error is permanent. The solution for those was replace the controller board.

But, in other cases where the problem is not permanent :

Anyone had the permanent error after do updating the Firmware?

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by withnail View Post
    We have the Recovery SD Card that recovers the SC870 Address book Error saving replacement of the controller board. I have recovered plenty of machines and then loaded the latest firmware but the fault is still occuring. I believe Ricoh Japan are working on a permanent fix but so far we haven't seen it.
    It's the third one we have with that problem that needs to get a new PCB. These machines are getting expensive. Our Ricoh rep also told me about that SD card, but he doesn't know how to order one.

My question is: Is this a regular SD with some sort of special firmware on it? Or is it a special SD card - and if so how can we order one?

Cheers!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Hi,

the SD Card is not special, but the bootable recovery software that is on it cannot be copied on to another SD card. These cards cannot be ordered, they were allocated to each of the regional HQ's (RAC, RE, RA, RC) by RCL and from there dispatched to the local sales offices technical support division.
    "Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I will learn."

Technician

So... if i'm not a ricoh representative then I won't ever receive an rescue SD card, right? How can I create an rescue SD card, can anyone help me, pls because I have more than 1000 machines ( 171SPF and 201 SPF). Thanks a lot!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by houserman View Post
    So... if i'm not a ricoh representative then I won't ever receive an rescue SD card, right? How can I create an rescue SD card, can anyone help me, pls because I have more than 1000 machines ( 171SPF and 201 SPF). Thanks a lot!
    You have to contact your Distributor/Reseller. Even if the machines are out of period covered by warranty.

Thumbs up Re: MP171SPF - Address Book Data Error

Hi there Troops

We have an SD recovery card here in Newzealand that was send over from Japan to solve this issue, it works as long as you follow the instruction to the "T", there are RTB`s out regarding this issue aswell!

Troops need to contact your supplier and get this card send out to yull!! IT WORKS!!! 30 seconds and the cuzzie is back up and running, the problem does not come back at all!

This card can not be copied as the software was written onto the SD Card itself and is protected, tried hacking it, as we wanted to make copies for all our dealers here aswell, no luck

Good luck Troops