Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TSRC Tech Forum

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar
    Unisys has a valid concern. You have a forum run by Ricoh. Threads could be subject to corporate censorship if mods and fixes aren't company approved.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricoh-ono View Post
    Unisys has a valid concern. You have a forum run by Ricoh. Threads could be subject to corporate censorship if mods and fixes aren't company approved.
    Then we post them on Smarka and Copytechnet. Not many of my field 'fixes' are ever factory approved!
    Don't take that toner with me!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    There have already been cases where postings for a suggestion for a "physical" change to resolve a problem have been "edited' by moderators . The edit was politely stated, saying that the suggestion would be review by Ricoh and published if proved worthwhile. I think such actions are to be expected.
    Come on Fulham!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I seriously can't see this lasting long.
    With threads like "WHEN YA GOING TO FIX THE @#$@# TONER SPEWING ON SUCH AND SUCH MODEL!!!" and "have they finally found a fix for such and such problem?!?!
    I just hope that the same people that run the boards there are not the same people that run the boards over at the DUmp. (democraticunderground.com) = posted deleted with an insta ban.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Having a Ricoh "genuine" forum it's a very positive thing. I'm pretty sure that the "genuine" forum it's a reaction to Copytechnet forum that became pretty famous and well known
    About actions and reactions from management and TSRC moderators...I'm hopping that won't happen..otherwise we will stop sharing our honest opinions there and we will post on a more open environment like Copytechnet.
    The forum is just in it's newborn days so we should give it some time to grow and develop.
    I like the structure be models...it makes the life a little bit easier...especially when you are searching threads.
    On the negative side...already a lot of "have they finally found a fix for such and such problem" or "who I'll report this ongoing issue/SC code" coming from the IKON newcomers some of them already frustrated by Rioch products.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TSRC Tech Forum

Quote Originally Posted by zico21 View Post
    There have already been cases where postings for a suggestion for a "physical" change to resolve a problem have been "edited' by moderators . The edit was politely stated, saying that the suggestion would be review by Ricoh and published if proved worthwhile. I think such actions are to be expected.
    Yeah, it was my post that was the first to be deleted. I reposted (with permission) df3036's mod to get rid of that ridiculous web design on the MP5000's. I wanted to see how long it would stay up before the mods killed it... Less than 1 business day.

There is a lot of good information sharing on there, but if we can't post stuff that works in the field it limits the usefulness
    73 DE W5SSJ

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I understand your point. I'm glad that this forum is so well attended with intelligent techs with innovative thoughts such as yours. The one benefit of the TSRC forum is the interaction with Ricoh employees who, hopefully, have some input from those with more information that we're privy to.
    Come on Fulham!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TSRC Tech Forum

I was actually kind of hoping the engineers would pay more attention to Ricoh's own forum - they certainly don't seem to pay any notice to this one.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stephend View Post
    Having a Ricoh "genuine" forum it's a very positive thing. I'm pretty sure that the "genuine" forum it's a reaction to Copytechnet forum that became pretty famous and well known
    I think this is a reaction to a Ricoh run forum that has been running in the UK for the last 6 months.
    www.ricohtechnical.co.uk
    Last edited by FRIDGEMAGNET; 04-07-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FRIDGEMAGNET View Post
    I think this is a reaction to a Ricoh run forum that has been running in the UK for the last 6 months.
    Ricoh Technical
    Yeah i use that real handy and has quite a few documents and downloads (loads of Equitrac) are cant find anywhere else as a UK based Tech. But you need both the offcial websites for info only the companies have and independents like this for the stuff no company is gonna allow to be on their forums for commercial reasons.