Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Scan to folder on Windows Server 2008 failing

There is no workaround to configure scan-to-folder with the A2020 without the scanrouter software. The only solution is to use a discrete computer (nothing fancy needed) with windows xp running scan router and sharing the folders to the network - like a little scan-file server. I also had issues using the scan router with XP ServicePack3, even after turning every single security option off. But the scan router definetly works with XP ServicePack2.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Scan to folder on Windows Server 2008 failing

Quote Originally Posted by freepaki View Post
    Hey guys,

Please help me out. I am trying to configure the ricoh 2020d scan to folder feature on SBS 2008. But after applying 4 days I haven't found any solution.
    I download the scanrouter v2 lite but as u people know that it cannot be installed on SBS 2008 (although for me it's not even working on server 2003,xp and windows 7) and without installing the scanrouter I don't know how to configure the destination folder. Because there is no function available from printer operation manual to setup the printer destination folder. There is just a sing SMB panel which asking for workgroup and machine name but I dont think its enough.

So, what I conclude after wasting 4 days that to configure the scan to folder I must have some sort of software to programme the destination.

Please reply thanks
    Scan to email is the best/ most reliable option for this old beast (imo). But if you have your heart set on Scanrouter. Try this:
    Install_ScanRouterV2.pdf

What it doesn't say is that you need to open TCP port #3670 in Windows Firewall on Windows Xp for connection

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

For packet signing on 2008, this is how to do it.

Turning Off Packet Signing - Windows Server 2008.doc
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Oh, but on your head be it.

Technician

Exclamation Re: Scan to folder on Windows Server 2008 failing

Another related issue with Server 2008. The net admin may set up authentication with NTLMv2 instead of the older NTLM. This will result in authentication errors with scan-to-folder. The Ricoh's support this, but it is not turned on. It can only be enabled through telnet.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Scan to folder on Windows Server 2008 failing

You mentioned something about WINS earlier and I don't know if you knew, but WINS isn't required as part of Server 2008. I install server now without using WINS.

If the machine is capable of digitally signing SMB packets, then your issue lies else where. If it doesn't, then I would strongly suggest in not turning off the Group Policy that enables this feature as it is a major security feature.

Windows Active Directory uses NTLMv2, so if your machine is capable of this feature, then turn it on.

I have had a similar scenario with a Konica Minolta and the issue was a setting on the server which isn't enabled by default. Turning on NetBIOS over TCP/IP solved my issue as the machine wasn't able to send SMB packets through the new SMB standard which doesn't require NetBIOS.

It is very easy to turn on and try and won't cause any issues by enabling it temporarily then disabling it if it doesn't help.

1. Network and Sharing Center
    2. Change adapter settings
    3. Properties of network card that serves the internal network
    4. TCP/IP v4 properties
    5. Advanced
    6. WINS
    7. Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.