Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAC issues

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar

CAC issues

Wow, management has spruced up the place. Looks nice. Obviously, I've been out of touch and away from the forum for quite awhile. Nice to see things are still humming along here. Anyway,.......

I was wondering if there is anybody else hanging out here that is working with machines with the CAC option installed. I've been working with the beast for the past 1.5 years. I'm still trying to get a handle on getting it to run smoothly.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Collating After Copying?
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Plockmatic...
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    That's what I thought. I've got one, but it has run pretty smoothly so far. I think I had replaced a sensor awhile back, but other than that I think cleaning and making sure my key op isn't running too heavy stock through it.

What problems are you seeing?
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Computer Access Card

Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post
    Collating After Copying?
    Nice try.

CAC is short for Computer Access Card which is used by DoD and in my case the USAF. I was hoping I would find some other souls in our forum that have had to deal with this product.

There is no 'service manual' for this beast. So, everything I have on it is from going to the school of hard knocks and talks with one of the guys involved with the development of it.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Lewis View Post
    Nice try.

CAC is short for Computer Access Card which is used by DoD and in my case the USAF. I was hoping I would find some other souls in our forum that have had to deal with this product.

There is no 'service manual' for this beast. So, everything I have on it is from going to the school of hard knocks and talks with one of the guys involved with the development of it.
    LOL, try this, theres some good info here: https://militarycac.com/
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Quote Originally Posted by iMind View Post
    LOL, try this, theres some good info here: https://militarycac.com/
    Thanks, I found a couple of tidbits there.

Still feeling lost and alone in the CAC wilderness..........

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar
    I have had some dealings with Card Authentication Package (CAP). Not sure how similar they are. Are you running the new 2.01 version?
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    CAC issues

I haven't installed one yet, but I have a customer who is gong to get it soon, so I've been collecting information, I'll be glad to send you what I have if you like. BTW, its Common Access Card.

I have a question tho, when you buy a license, do you buy it per user or per machine.?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoh-ono View Post
    I have had some dealings with Card Authentication Package (CAP). Not sure how similar they are. Are you running the new 2.01 version?
    We just updated the CAC software to v2.01 three or four weeks ago on some 80ish MP2510/MP3500 models. I'm aware of the CAP. I don't know how similar that is to CAC. I suppose I really should take a look at the documentation and see for myself.

For me, the install was pretty uneventful and once the proper network settings on the copier and the network infrastructure were made everything works pretty well. Except......... I'm running into a situation where the authentication works then stops working then starts working again all without intervention. I'm unable to directly monitor the network traffic due to network security policy. Currently, I'm in the process of getting my logging utility blessed and gathering log-in attempts timeline data.

We used to have Java failures where the application software would not startup or would get into a loop and hang. Those seem to be history with the latest s/w version.