Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    VitaminBeer

Third Party KeyPad and setting up Key Operator Code for newer Ricoh machines

Alright,

This may have been covered before and I have tried searching but before I do waste anymore time with this, as I need to try and get the machine out asap for the clients.

The situation is I have a new MP 7001 replacing an old Aficio 2035, the old 2035 used a third party key pad/card swipe to enter in certain ID number in order to be able to use the machine. Now it's so old that the cables do not match up to the right sockets at the back of the machine, I have looked at the point-to-point diagrams and have done nothing but confuse myself.

I have decided to try and scrap the key pad and not use it. However in order for this to be successful I need to be able to keep track and limit how many copies certain users can do (The keypad can have a dollar amount limit). Can this be done with the software on the Ricoh machine? I have spent quiet a while trying to find options for this, the only thing that comes close is Key counter Management, but have not yet figured this out, will this be what I need?

If this cannot be done without a third party keypad/card swiper then I can live without it, I will just have to get the customers to keep track of what they are doing every month. It would have been nice to be able to put it back on.

I also need to know, how the bloody hell do I lock the User Tools > System Settings ??? So that users cannot go in and make themselves another user account with full access - In the good ol' machines it was all done simply with 'Key Operator Code' - But I have struggled to find that in the newer machines. Is it called something else???

Any help is much appreciated,

VB,

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Was the old coin unit connected to the AF2045 using the "Old" 4 pin white connector? If yes, you can find the same connection on the MP7001 under the right side scanner cover. If it was connected using the "20 way IDC" (Big Black plug) you would need the "Type A counter interface"

User tools lock is via Admin mode, its all in the security settings op manual.

VitaminBeer
    tcs04,

Thank you very much for your reply,

After some debating with my work mate we discovered that there is an expansion to add onto the machine to add that socket we need.

It is the 20 way IDC big black plug. - However Upon looking into it further we found another old coin operated machine that still uses the 20 way IDC plug, but is only using 4 wires, the other wires have been cut back. So it added to the confusion.

We also found the plug socket under the right side scanner cover that you were talking about - the cable connector does not match it.

So it looks like getting the expansion or interface board might be the way to go.

Thanks for your time,

Cheers,

VB,

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar
    There are only 4 wires needed to bring the copier to ready and to count each page as it feeds. The other wires in the 20 pin connector are used for detecting paper size and color. There are some pins that will remain unused. The 2 wires used to bring a copier ready (A9 and B9) are a 5 volt line and a ground. The other two (A10 and B10) are 24+VDC and a signal line that drops at paper feed. I don't know the polarity but I can look it up if needed.