Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh Americas Corp. to close Irving shop

I don't know if you guys saw this. I'd thought I'd just post this in case you might be interested.

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/st...l?surround=lfn
    Last edited by tinfox; 04-15-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Fixed link.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Dead link, TinFox

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Ricoh Americas Corp., which sells and provides services for imaging equipment such as printers and copiers, plans to close an Irving location, according to a filing with the Texas Workforce Commission.
    Some 53 people will be affected by the June 4 shutdown, according to the April 2 letter to the agency.
    The letter did not disclose a reason for the closure of the office. Comment wasn't immediately available Wednesday from the West Caldwell, N.J. unit of Japan's

Read more: Ricoh Americas Corp. to close Irving shop; 53 employees affected - Dallas Business Journal:

Read more: Ricoh Americas Corp. to close Irving shop; 53 employees affected - Dallas Business Journal:
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Anyone know what was at that location ? I don't think it was an RBS office ?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    wouldn't surprise me, Ricoh has been having problems last year and trying to recover. They implemented a furlow package to all employees last year where everyone had to take a 5 day leave without pay. I guess this year they are letting people go and shutting down office in Irvine Texas maybe more will follow for them to stay afloat.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I would be curious to know if this was a long time stand alone Ricoh dealer or an Ikon dealer.

Technician
    I was with IKON for over 10 yrs, things seemed to get better when Ricoh made the acquisition. Prior the the "buy" IKON was closing offices, printing facilities, nationwide, monthly. I wonder if Ricoh bit off more then they could chew buying IKON. Trivia: Did you know the name IKON is an abbreviation for: I Know One Name.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Yes I did know "I know one name" because I worked there when they implemented that Wasn't there much longer though I don't think the Ikon deal is what made Ricoh have problems.

It's kind of a dumb article really, they kind of imply it closed and everyone was fired but I doubt that was the case.

I asked another tech about the Irving deal and they think it was a training facility. No matter what it was I doubt the 53 people lost jobs they probably just have to drive to another office. There is a RBS location in Dallas. There are going to be lots of offices closing as stuff gets integrated but people won't necessarily be losing jobs. I know at some point one of the offices in Minneapolis will close and they will make us all move over to the other one. There are lots of duplicate locations but unless the number of machines changes they will still need the same number of people to support them.

richeyrich

Former Ikon tech

Quote Originally Posted by gooseklr View Post
    I was with IKON for over 10 yrs, things seemed to get better when Ricoh made the acquisition. Prior the the "buy" IKON was closing offices, printing facilities, nationwide, monthly. I wonder if Ricoh bit off more then they could chew buying IKON. Trivia: Did you know the name IKON is an abbreviation for: I Know One Name.
    Wow i could almost say the same thing i worked there 14 years i just left Ikon and went to the competition best thing i did in 10 years i think Ikon will go under soon we are gaining accounts and techs from ikon on a daily basis i hope they keep doing what they are doing because the customer sees the truth now that i am out from under Ikon's shoe on my neck i see the truth im also much happier better paid less stress mostly new machines and all Canon and no psycho manager who needs anger management

Technician
    LOL. IKON does treat their technical staff like "toilet paper" & sales reps like gods. My manager was an azz as well. They do send them to a manager school that may instill that kind of jerk mentality. To them its all about the number$, I came to realize that nothing else really mattered. We affectionately adopted the phrase.... i-kon-you....