Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    trojan

Angry ricoh 2045e problem with sc 990

please help. I have a machine Ricoh 2045e wth printer controler 2045, in service mode writes that afićo 2045 priner changed with the 2045e controller, but my error occurs sc 990 what is the problem please help.</SPAN>

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh 2045e problem with sc 990

They're two different firmware models so I dont think you can do this. Just a guess

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

These two controllers are different, you will have to replace nv ram on the new controller and check the service manual for doing this, make sure that firmware is up to date after doing so, this will solve your problem, cheers

Technician
    Most of the SC 990 codes on the older gens can repaired w/ firmware update. When browsing firmware there are options for Fax, Printer, The E is a pre installed print driver,fax option. If I am not mistaken when you download the 2045e version it covers PD FO.

Tenfourcopy

Thumbs up sc990

I had a problem like this about a month ago. It may not sound believable but here it is.

I swapped/replaced the fuser section assembly and the drum assembly with another machine. The problem went away!!

The wired part is that the other machine DID NOT get the sc990 code. How about that.

I don't know 100+ Posts vandezo's Avatar
    i was replace a harddisk with 120Gb.. and done

Technician
    [Cause]

Dirty contacts on Upper Right Cover Safety Switches. Toner gets inside the Upper Right Cover Safety Switches, which can lead to lower DC voltage being applied to the Laser Diode. Which leads to:

SC 990 eng_procon.c (when a normal Grayscale pattern was not detected 15 times consecutively during ID Sensor Grayscale pattern check) check with SP 7403 Service Code History look for Detail in history of SC 990.

LD Power not being strong enough to be read by Laser Synchronizing Detector causing a SC 322 or 326 depending upon timing.

5vdc not being fully applied to connector 403 pin 3 on the Laser Diode PCB causing an Open Cover Indication, or 24vdc not being applied fully to connector 107 pin 2 on the PSU PCB causing an Open Cover Indication.

Circuit Explanation: 5vdc (VCCD)is output from connector 403 pin1 of the Laser Diode PCB where it travels through 2 of the Upper Right Cover switches than through 2 of the Front Cover Safety switches before being applied to connector 403 pin 3 of the Laser Diode PCB where it is now used to power the Laser Diode. Lower voltage on pin 3 leads to lower laser diode output which causes the machine to raise LD Power (SP 2-103) when maximum values are reached, laser diode output can not be increased further which can lead to SC 322, SC 326 and/ or SC 990 eng_procon .c. If the voltage drops too low an open door indication is sent to the BICU PCB but a signal is not sent to the IOB PCB which tells the machine which door is open.

Note: An older Drum more than 150,000 copies can also lead to SC 990 by causing incorrect ID Sensor readings

[Resolution]

1. Clean the internal contacts or replace Right Door Safety Switches (2 of Part Number 1204 2521 and 1 of Part Number 1204 2529)

Clean and vacuum the PCU.
    Clean the Toner Shield Glass, Charge Roller and ID Sensor.
    Check Service history for Drum Life, if over 150,000 replace Drum (Part Number A230 9510)
    Reset SP 2103 -1 thru 4 to defaults.(LD Power Adjustments)
    Reset SP 2001-1 to its default. (Charge Roller Bias Adjustment)
    Execute SP 3001- 2 (ID Sensor Initial Setting)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts CrapAimer's Avatar
    Drum needs replacing.

As above drum is worn,old common problem-yawn

i agree to crapaimer