Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

3224 / 3232 Developer Units

Ive got an AF3224 that seems to be chewing thru the black dev units. Ive put 2 in the last 6 months and just been called back and it looks like it needs another - they only seem to last about 10k pages before they go light on the edges, or have scratches on the roller.

I really dont understand it - its just a roller with a gear that the dev sticks to! its not a complicated unit or anything but there must be something Im missing, or is this normal for these machines?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Replace the development clutch. If I'm not mistaken there was a TSB regarding them sticking and dumping out developer.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GhostInTheMachine's Avatar
    Check the black toner. These machines are monocomponent and I have had problems with several of these not showing toner empty and getting light copies. Replace the black toner and it fixes the problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless V K View Post
    Replace the development clutch. If I'm not mistaken there was a TSB regarding them sticking and dumping out developer.
    Sorry, wrong machine!
    Don't take that toner with me!

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    You can solve this with dynamite, a BFH or by pushing it out of the back of a delivery van. These machines really are hard on consumables and I've had some that don't get more than 15k on the dev units. Make sure your firmware is current as there was an update way back when to help with this. There are also some SP modes to change as well, IIRC. And make sure that your supplies are OEM. Other than that cross your fingers and hope one of the sales weasels can get it replaced.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks guys - Ive done the firmware, put in a new PCU and charge corona, also refurbed the fuser over the last six months. Filters also renewed - not that any of this would have anything to do with the dev tank, but the machine should be performing well!

So theres nothing much to be done about the dev tanks failing? No tricks or secrets apart from new toner - just put up with replacing them when they fail?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GhostInTheMachine's Avatar
    Afraid that's about it. These machines are just dogs. The only saving grace for these boxes is the fact that parts are really cheap because you have to replace them ALOT!