Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts daveyball's Avatar

SC 543 On Aficio 3260

HI Guys
    I am getting sc543 on a 3260 colour machine, almost daily now. We have changed thermistors, and the loom to the pwer supply/controller. Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar
    I am fighting with the same code for a couple of months....read my post 4 weeks ago. I have also replaced thermistors and harness from fuser jack to P.S. Three days ago after a lot of thinking and analysis about this, i replaced 4 thermostats at heating roller and i found that metal plates-thermostat terminals, were extremely oxidized. It's too early to say that i found the solution, but if you go daily to your customer check those two "metal bridges "and please confirm! Keep in touch..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    We have had the same problem this week and have been advised to change the folloing parts in the fuser drive at the rear of the copier i hink the drve stalls asthe gear has a oneway bearing this is a pig of a job so thr the previose post first part no B1321360 andAB030768 the parts are behind the fuser drive motor

Hi slot,
    did you replace these parts you mention above?
    Problem solved??

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I cleaned up the connector as advised the machine then ran for the day ok then the parts came in the next day so we fitted them just incase that was only on 22/04/10 so we will see what happens this week the help desk here in the uksaid it was a known fault this is not a five minit fix so i would go with trying the cleaning the connector first

I cleaned the connector, and the fauly re-occurrred whilst I was on site, I am replacing the oneway bearing, and pulley as suggested, will let you know.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    sorry guys my machine came in again today will re look at it on tuseday boy this is a pain in the butt

To my occassion, SC-543 appears after a long copy run, immediately! I think that it has nothing to do with drive system. (There are no paper jams , image distortion etc...to suspect one way gears, or coupling semewhere.)
    But if you have faced the SC 542 at warm-up on 3245 family, where the fuser drive clutch is the cause, it's a possibility...
    Do you think that triac is shorted, BICU or IOB are faulty?
    I don't think so...
    Waiting for your reply daveyball.

Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    To my occassion, SC-543 appears after a long copy run, immediately! I think that it has nothing to do with drive system. (There are no paper jams , image distortion etc...to suspect one way gears, or coupling semewhere.)
    But if you have faced the SC 542 at warm-up on 3245 family, where the fuser drive clutch is the cause, it's a possibility...
    Do you think that triac is shorted, BICU or IOB are faulty?
    I don't think so...
    Waiting for your reply daveyball.
    Hi Polo

We are replacng the drive parts probably this afternoon, after that I'm not sure. I am not convinced about any board fault, it seem to be to erratic.

Will let you know, but the fault has to stay away for a week or more, for me to be happy.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    I think there is a spacer to be added to the thermistor bracket, IIRC. Not sure of the bulletin number off the top of my head.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.