Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Engineer 50+ Posts

Slow respond from PCC4.

Hi guys,

the users is complaining that PCC4 respond is abit slow.
    it's taking about 6-8sec to see my list of print jobs.

any of you experience such issues in your environment?

there's mp8001, mpc7500, mp5001 in my environment.

appreciate your feedback.

thanks in advance.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    What's PCC4?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Engineer 50+ Posts
    opp.. sorry. Equitrac. =)

What speed does the customer's network run at? Is the machine set to auto detect the network speed? Try setting the speed down to 100mb full duplex, then 10mb full duplex. See if there's any improvement.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

cengizkurban

PCC4 Issues

Hi Guys,
    As I know PCC 4 has a lot of issues. Equitrac will update PCC 4.01 to 4.03. In August the version will be 4.04 or something. Try not to install this version to customer. Also there are new VM card updates.

The issues are below;
    - Forgets card registration after sleepmode
    - Loses configuration sets after sleepmode
    - Java crashes sometime and does not starts after sleepmode

In your case it looks like a firmware issue. Try update everything with latest updates. You'll be fine. If not Equitrac server pc has low memory or has less configuration then it should be.

Cengiz

PCC4 Installation Error

hi tech's

Its my first time installing PCC4 with Ricoh MP 8001,Pcc log in screen is there but with server communication error at very right corner,,i need to know if i did miss something during instillation or is there something to do with EQserver?
    Second issue is if i need to upload CSV to Machine's HD how m i goin to do that?with Smart net monitor for Admin or is there any other way to do it?

Appreciate your help!

Regasrds
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Slow respond from PCC4.

Woah there fella, too many questions lol

Right, connection problems - on the ops panel press the following sequence -

Start 0 1 2 3 1 2 3 0

This will take you into the Equitrac configuration. The password, unless it has been changed, should be equitrac. Check the server address. If it's a DNS hostname (i.e. server1) and the machine hasn't had the DNS / domain information input into it, the machine won't connect to the server. Try using the IP address instead. Give the machine a reboot and see if it tries to connect after that.

With regard to the CSV, what are you trying to upload to it?

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Woah there fella, too many questions lol

Right, connection problems - on the ops panel press the following sequence -

Start 0 1 2 3 1 2 3 0

This will take you into the Equitrac configuration. The password, unless it has been changed, should be equitrac. Check the server address. If it's a DNS hostname (i.e. server1) and the machine hasn't had the DNS / domain information input into it, the machine won't connect to the server. Try using the IP address instead. Give the machine a reboot and see if it tries to connect after that.

With regard to the CSV, what are you trying to upload to it?
    Thanks a bunch M8..i have tried everything you mentioned,even i'm able to ping the server ip from MFP but it's still the same and seems no luck nowhere near,i have also went through following few details and it's there.

You need to make sure you have license for Ricoh embedded. This is displayed in the licensing assignment screen in the system manager. Without this it will not work.

2. You need to be connecting to the server running the EQDCE service, make sure that you are entering the IP address in the server settings if you are not sure that the DNS is set up correctly in the device.

3. Go into the Equitrac setup and check the settings, you do this by entering the following keys on the MFD

Start 0 1 2 3 1 2 3 0 and enter the password equitrac

(once configured this password changes to 2468 (or that you have set in the embedded devices in the system manager)

4. Lastly make sure the firewall i open between device and server on ports 4940, 2938 and 2939.

Is there anything else to which need to look in to?

What Server OS is the installation, is the EQ componets split up or on same server, what version of PCC do you use? 4.1.0.0465 installed on SD card?

I assume you know the other ports, just in case:
    CAS TCP 2910 - DRE, DCE, DME, Workstations
    DRE TCP 2938 - DCE, CAS, Workstations
    DCE TCP 2939 - TCP 1824 TCP 2063 TCP 4941 CAS Embedded devices – Xerox Embedded devices – Kyocera Mita Embedded devices – Sharp
    DME TCP 2942 - DRE, CAS

Quote Originally Posted by torsol View Post
    What Server OS is the installation, is the EQ componets split up or on same server, what version of PCC do you use? 4.1.0.0465 installed on SD card?

I assume you know the other ports, just in case:
    CAS TCP 2910 - DRE, DCE, DME, Workstations
    DRE TCP 2938 - DCE, CAS, Workstations
    DCE TCP 2939 - TCP 1824 TCP 2063 TCP 4941 CAS Embedded devices – Xerox Embedded devices – Kyocera Mita Embedded devices – Sharp
    DME TCP 2942 - DRE, CAS

Thanks a ton buddy,

it's win server 2008 R
    components are on same server not split up
    PCC version 4.1.0 installed on JAVA V.5.05 i guess
    Ricoh MP 8001

guess i missed the trick during Component installation,is there a way to reinstall or recheck those components specially DCE?

Appreciate your help!