Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    lialdd
    This thread is the first Google result for "gestetner default password" and luckily I found my answer (no username, "password" for the password) but not after wading through 2 pages of unhelpful copier-tech elitism (sorry to forum residents.)

Sometimes we're intelligent people who just want a simple answer to a simple question. If a five-step process is really worth $95, then I'm working in the wrong industry. If it's not, please don't be a dick about it.

Also, give other techs some credit even if they're not experts in your particular field.

To hell with all of you

Angry

The ONLY reason I registered for this useless forum was to say this:

You all need to get over yourselves. You have (obviously somewhat tech savvy) users looking for a little help. What do you do? You get all high and mighty about sharing your precious knowledge with us "mere" users.

If I screw something up, that's my problem and I'll have to pay to get it fixed. What harm does it do to help me reset the web interface Administrator Mode password? And no, it's not any of the defaults that I've located here or anywhere else. We acquired it the purchase of another company, so I have no idea what the previous (and now absent) administrator set it to.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by To hell with all of you View Post

You all need to get over yourselves. You have (obviously somewhat tech savvy) users looking for a little help. What do you do? You get all high and mighty about sharing your precious knowledge with us "mere" users.

If I screw something up, that's my problem and I'll have to pay to get it fixed. What harm does it do to help me reset the web interface Administrator Mode password? And no, it's not any of the defaults that I've located here or anywhere else. We acquired it the purchase of another company, so I have no idea what the previous (and now absent) administrator set it to.
    Useless, hehehe... thats why you so pissed off, and came here to unstress yourself.
    so boet, on my behalf just go and get f*cked.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

To hell with all of you

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by iMind View Post
    so boet, on my behalf just go and get f*cked.
    You prove my point again.

You prove my point again.
    I love you...

Does your wife hit you with a broomstick, sounds like it. thats why you here because you to scared to go home. LOL

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The reason why the guy are reluctant to give out info involving SP modes is because, as was said before, you can cause alot of damage by not knowing what you are doing, and in-turn leave the guy who come to fix your mess an absolute nightmare in figuring out what the stupid customer did.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar

In your particular situation, there are only two ways I have been able to successfully reset a lost admin password.

1. Log into Web Image Monitor as username: supervisor, and leave the password field blank. Only newer machines have this 'back door' method of resetting the password.

2. If your machine does not have the supervisor login ability, and the Service Mode memory clear does not work, you will more than likely need to replace the copier's NVRAM.

(I have tried to reset the admin password before from the 'memory clear' SP modes mentioned in previous posts, and it did not work.)

Hopefully by providing this unselfish bit of tech help, I am taking the first critical steps in getting over myself.
    Don't take that toner with me!

CopierJanitor/Geargluer 50+ Posts skinnypuppy's Avatar

Password reset

If you are talking about the Web interface password the service program mode to reset this 5-828-074

The password will then be deleted. And there will be no password. When the admin login window pops up leave both fields blank and click ok to login. Reset the password to what ever you like in security settings. Yes this does work!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Password Reset Help

I am a network engineer (servers, routers, firewall's, switche's etc...). My company is downsizing and the "copier tech" we had on staff is no longer with us. We cannot hire anyone else and our IT budget is over spent to say the least.

This is sweet revenge!!!!!! How many times has an IT wally changed the password then left the company and not told anyone else the new code leaving the poor bloody copier tech to hack his way in, something he was never trained for and definatly wont get any credit for!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here