Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Password Reset Help

OK, smart guy. You got the answer to your question, but your still cluttering up this TECHNICAL forum with your inane ramblings. Why don't you go to the Rants, Raves and everything else forum on this site if you want to vent. That's what it is for.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by DearGod View Post
    Dear god that was so difficult to get a straight answer. Thank you lialdd you were very helpful.

As for the rest of you:
    That's fine if you want your own little special members only club. But save the rest of the trouble and remove your club from google's index so people like me don't stumble upon it. If you don't know how to, look up what a robot.txt file is and I'm sure someone will be more helpful to you then you are to us. You can't claim this is a private club when you have effectivly set up your 'clubhouse' in the middle of a public park where anyone can come and go.

I can understand any experts reluctance to give out how to access a machine's service mode for fear of possible damage. But you have to realize, if there is a person here asking, they must be adept enough to handle it since they know enough about networks, ip based adminstration, ip addressing, machine adminstration to even get to the point where they need this help. And entering the service mode of a printer is comparable to entering the bios of a computer. Both can cause extreme damage, yet how many different places will tell you what key to hit to enter bios?

Here is my story. I am a recent graduate with a degree in electrical enigineering. I am a smart guy, i even modeled a printer's OS in one of my classes. Who knows, i might get a job designing the printers you service. But right now I am finishing up the job i had while in college as an office's tech coordinator. Our ip range recently expanded and our printer, a Ricoh Aficio 2027 had been set by a previous tech to only accept jobs from the then ip range that now needed to be expanded, and btw he forget to write down the password he set for the web admin mode so i needed to reset it. A few minutes of googling and i am here, digging through pages of high and mighty pricks before i finally get a straight, simple answer on how to reset the password. I was able to reset it using those steps and GUESS WHAT!!!! The printer didn't self destruct and i didn't screw it up in any way!!!!

You wanna be an exclusive club? Then shut the club doors and remove youself from public search engines.

You're worried about 'non-techs' destroying their printers? Add a disclaimer. if they do, then it's more money towards your profession anyway.

Until you do either of these, you are going to get newbies asking dumb questions and unless you are self-proclaimed a$*les and admitting you are nothing but scum, then you are obligated to provide meaningful help.
    Oh lord... what a arse.

You have a degree in electrical eigineering... wow impressive.
    So is that a higher qualification than say a degree in electrical engineering?

I vaguely remember the last self proclaimed 'smart guy' I came across.
    It sticks in my mind as he was only actually fit to flip burgers at McDonalds (and that's being kind).

FACT! there is lots of useful information posted on this public forum that far exceeds what most end users should be attempting.
    But who are you to say we should share more or be more helpful.

Bloody cheek.

This is the NET each one of us shares what we feel comfortable with sharing.

Still unhappy...

• Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Ref deargod

........"Who knows, i might get a job designing the printers you service".....
    !!!

Someone tell him the fuser reset code!

With any luck, in time it will set fire to the machine and save us all having to read his posts!

As the man said "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

DearGod
    This will be the last time i will every set eyes on this forum full of useless self important pricks.

But i will say this. Not one of you in your responses counterpointed or even attempted to dissect any of my arguments. Therefore i either used words too big for you to understand, or you have nothing to say for yourselves besides childish rants and pokes similar to the feeble attempts of the school bully trying to reassert his domination when he knows we has been outwit.

I am not one to rant and i apologize to those not already aware of this thread for wasting your time reading this, but take a few minutes and read through the 6 pages of pure junk that was piled up on someone looking for a simple answer to a simple question, as was I; and you will understand my frustration.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DearGod View Post
    This will be the last time i will every set eyes on this forum full of useless self important pricks.

But i will say this. Not one of you in your responses counterpointed or even attempted to dissect any of my arguments. Therefore i either used words too big for you to understand, or you have nothing to say for yourselves besides childish rants and pokes similar to the feeble attempts of the school bully trying to reassert his domination when he knows we has been outwit.

I am not one to rant and i apologize to those not already aware of this thread for wasting your time reading this, but take a few minutes and read through the 6 pages of pure junk that was piled up on someone looking for a simple answer to a simple question, as was I; and you will understand my frustration.
    For a 'smart guy' you really need to use punctuation and learn how to spell.

Quote Originally Posted by FMC View Post
    For a 'smart guy' you really need to use punctuation and learn how to spell.
    You forget, he won't be reading your post!

Silence IS golden!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I was hoping to bait him out, and then give him stick for it

Quote Originally Posted by FMC View Post
    I was hoping to bait him out, and then give him stick for it
    We really need a "YAAAAWN" icon!

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar

Yet Another....

Better than a Yawn Icon
    (Credit to category five for this image)

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

A different angle to this mess...

Hi, All,

I've just read through all 7 pages of this thread, and very quickly, one thing comes to mind...

Nowhere do I see any mention that the manufacturers FORBID any of this type of information to be shared outside their realm of authorized dealers.

Has anyone ever actually read the fine print on a Canon tech pub? It says it all right there.

Please realize that the dealers need to maintain a healthy relationship with their suppliers. Continually releasing protected information (and yes, entering service mode is protected information), can potentially result with catastrophic events.

If a customer has issues with that, he or she can take it up with the manufacturer of their product. Good luck with that.

Now for my personal rant: How about an IT person providing the forum with some backdoor Microsoft keys, oh, like say maybe, a key that can license Windows XP 1000 times, a master key for Office, a site license for Adobe Acrobat, etc... No? I didn't think so; just might strain your Gold Plan with Microsoft or Adobe.

All we ask as dealers is that the customers (who, by the way, we would be nowhere without) respect the relationships we have with our vendors. It's healthier for everyone that way.

Phew! I feel better!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here