Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

end users

My compliments to all you "QUALIFIED TECHS" agree that there should be some kind of qualifier as this is an "end user" looking for a freebie. have rant's prior 2 this one. lets all give the "thred" a first shot and it should be obvious from there if they have any tech q's am with you all, tired of giving "free" assistance" to cheapo's. Prost!! jp

Technician
    Good morning!
    If possible somebody to help me the resetar the password of administrator web, because she was changed by other person. I already tried the following ones: Admin, admin, sysadm, sysadmin, administrator, adm, Adm.
    The copier is Ricoh MP 9000
    I already executed SP 5801-11, but I didn't obtain success.
    What can make?

At once, my gratitudes.

Technician
    Does some exist type of it files for direct impression, what can force the copier to print the password? As well as it is used in the Canon!

Technician
    My gratitudes to Field Superviso, I got to access the web monitor with the password supervisor.
    thank you!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    There are two NVRAM chips on these models.
    One for the controller and one on the BICU.

But I think you should be able to clear all passwords on this model from service mode though.

SP7810-001 - Clears the machines access code.
    SP5846-047 - Clears the address book and any user codes.

There are the various memory clears as well but I wouldn't really suggest playing around with those as they clear alot more than passwords.
    I got a 3228 and SP7810 isn't on there. In service mode, special service mode or factory mode. I've got the same thing. Machine come back and someone has been ducking around with the supervisor password.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by nilsonmorales View Post
    i have this manual 3235c if you want just i need you explainme how you reset this problem ok send me a email nilsonmorales@hotmail.com i have the same problem my english sucks
    just speak spanish
    saludos desde el salvador
    tnx in advance
    no lugar do nome de adm vc coloca supervisor, cria uma nova conta e habilita as opções desejadas.
    Lembrando que, se não consguir com esse modo, será necesario a troca da NVRAM

meu email aldrynalain@hotmail.com, se estiver ao meu alcance

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Password Reset Help

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    I got a 3228 and SP7810 isn't on there. In service mode, special service mode or factory mode. I've got the same thing. Machine come back and someone has been ducking around with the supervisor password.
    I've had a look for 7810 and couldn't find it either on a MPC2500.

While we are on the subject it would appear as instructed in the service manual that replacement of the nvram for whatever reason goes as follows.

Print out the settings, I cannot remember which code it was but I got a rather imposing stack of double sided A4. This is obviously for a backup if all else fails. Upload the nvram to a sd card. Replace the nvram with a new one and download the settings back to the machine.

I got a rather unpleasant surprise when I found the machine still had the customers passwords. Yes and as later advised by Ricoh tech support, backing up to sd card backs up passwords.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post

While we are on the subject it would appear as instructed in the service manual that replacement of the nvram for whatever reason goes as follows.

Print out the settings, I cannot remember which code it was but I got a rather imposing stack of double sided A4. This is obviously for a backup if all else fails. Upload the nvram to a sd card. Replace the nvram with a new one and download the settings back to the machine.

I got a rather unpleasant surprise when I found the machine still had the customers passwords. Yes and as later advised by Ricoh tech support, backing up to sd card backs up passwords.
    Yes. SP5 something or other is the SP-Print. Canon call it P-Print. Kyocera call it Maintinance Print. It's just a list of all the settings. Yes there's a lot of it. It's actually a hard copy of what goes on the SD-Card. There should be a version of it in the copier somewhere of the factory SP-Print for non-default data. Btw. don't ever throw that one away.
    Ricoh's are essentially a Unix system. If you look on that sp-print will probably list which version of NetBSD the copier runs.
    Everything on Unix is a file. I wonder if Vim or Gedit can read the file on the SD-Card.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post

When I had the first machine with unknown admin and supervisor passwords, I've called Ricoh and they told me to replace the nvram and make sure that I did not upload the info and then downloaded because that would put me right back were I was.
    He said that I had to print the SMC reports and then input the settings manually.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Password Reset Help

Quote Originally Posted by nick40 View Post
    When I had the first machine with unknown admin and supervisor passwords, I've called Ricoh and they told me to replace the nvram and make sure that I did not upload the info and then downloaded because that would put me right back were I was.
    He said that I had to print the SMC reports and then input the settings manually.
    What all of them?

SP5990 / 01 (all) gave me everything, about 30 double sided pages.

Another tech suggested just SP5990 / 06 (non default) 2 pages

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here