Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    bbisbe

Ricoh Password Reset Help

I have an Aficio 2232c, Is there a way to reset the password for this device? I have tried password from the web interface and telnet and no luck.

Thanks for any help.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    SP7810 I think will do it.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

bbisbe
    My apologies, but I don't understand what that means?

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbisbe View Post
    I have an Aficio 2232c, Is there a way to reset the password for this device? I have tried password from the web interface and telnet and no luck.

Thanks for any help.
    The default user should be "admin" and password is blank. If you want to reset the admin password for the web interface, sp mode 5801-11 should be the memory reset for the NCS. this should set the password to default. Don't play with any other memory resets if you are unfamiliar with the service modes!!!!! bad things will happen if your not carefull

bbisbe
    I apologize to keep stating my ignorance, but how do I get into the service mode to enter the code, or are there dip switches somwhere? I would assume from the touchpanel on the front of the copier because I do not have any web or telnet access, but I do not remember seeing any sort of maintenance interface on there (again I am sure it's my ignorance).

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar

Question Where do we start??

Quote Originally Posted by bbisbe View Post

Thanks for any help.
    This thread is a perfect example of the root of my frustration with this forum. I come here with hopes and come away with a little despair.

You have received a couple of answers to a pretty vague question. You want to reset 'the password'...... which one, there are at least three of them.... the service pw, admin pw, web admin pw, plus others that are obviously not what you are looking for.

Then you come back with how do you get into service mode..... this brings me to 'what are your qualifications'? Are you a Ricoh tech, a tech familiar with other brands, a user wishing to bypass using a qualified tech? So, don't even know what level to talk at you at..... as a user, a service tech at least familiar with copier technology or an actual qualified Ricoh service tech.

Thanks for allowing me to get that off my chest.

Maybe you could tell us what the problem is you are trying to fix and what your qualifications are.

Scott

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Yer I'm starting to think along the same lines as Scott is.
    Entering service mode is basic entry level knowledge for a tech.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

bbisbe
    I could not agree with you more on your rant. I am a network engineer (servers, routers, firewall's, switche's etc...). My company is downsizing and the "copier tech" we had on staff is no longer with us. We cannot hire anyone else and our IT budget is over spent to say the least. I have been tasked with making some basic changes that I can do through the web interface but no password and no documentation since the "copier tech" left. Also, if someone at the beginning of the post would have asked which password I wanted reset I may have been a little less vague but I did not know there were so many different passwords for the copier as I only deal with the web interface or telnet. So...I guess it would be the web admin password that I need reset to make the changes that I need to the copier (address book for scan to email, faxing, etc...).

Quote Originally Posted by DaZ View Post
    Yer I'm starting to think along the same lines as Scott is.
    Entering service mode is basic entry level knowledge for a tech.
    How about some sort of basic "pre-test" before someone could post to the site. Something like two or three multiple choice questions that would filter out non-techs.

• If your a tech and want help or advice this could be a great place.
    • If your an end-user I will be more then happy to help with very basic advice. Anything more then that is $95.00 an hour. ( I have kids to feed)
    I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

bbisbe the earlier post I left does have the correct default pw. I assumed that you new how to get to sp mode and execute the reset...my fault for assuming!! I do agree with my collegue's on the qualifications for this forum. Maybe if you could throw some connectivity info to the forum the forum will be more willing to assist you. Even though your not a copier tech you are working with the connected machine.. alittle tit for tat may help one of us and yourself !

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here