Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh 2045 wrong paper size

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of Ricoh 2045s that read the wrong paper size even though the green knob is set correctly.
    Sometimes turning the knob to a different size or orientation will work and sometimes it won't. Is this more of an issue with the little switch board that the knob pushes against or the back of the knob wearing ? Or is there something I'm overlooking. Any advise appreciated. TIA
    Totoro

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    If it's just one tray you can swap 1 and 2 to see if the symptom follows the tray. Likely, the switches are sticking and not displaying correctly, although I've never had to replaced either component. check to make sure the tray has the white idlers on the rear and that there is no paper or anything preventing the tray from closing properly and actuating the correct switches. You can also go into User Tools and set the paper size manually.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Easy solution is swap paper size sensors (black box with white fingers). Swap the tray with another one. Most Tray2's don't fit in tray 1 spaces.
    We have had the side lower cover bumped/popped out and cause the tray to close properly but it pushed the each where the paper size wheel is located thus not allowing proper pressure on the size sensor.

I will be back out there either tomorrow or Friday. I'll update this weekend with the fix. Thanx !!
    Totoro

I changed the paper size sensor black box and it seems to have solved the issue. THanx for all the help.
    Totoro