Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Paper jams at finisher in mp6001 with sr4030

Hi, We have a big trouble in a MP6001 with SR4030.

Our customer send works always stapled, sometimes the work is just one page (send stapled anyway), the equipment DO not staple the single page which is what the customer wants.
    They have a software which manage the work automatically.

When the work is sent equipment have paperjams at the finisher (with the single page work), SC990 and comunications problems, not always but frecuently.

We have the most recent firmware (19th april) and Ricoh official answer is: "we will send the question to Japan" they and I think that the firmware do not work properly.

Let me add that when you send a single copy stapled from originals feeder it jams anyway. (nothing to do with comunications between drivers or so on, itīs a mechanical problem we think.

Our customer is really upset because, and this is really crazy to me, they still have their old MP7500 which manage the work perfectly.

I just wanted to know if any of you have the same error and if you know how to fix it.

Best regards.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    You say 19th of April for firmware, What about the Finisher Firmware? Newest appears to be

12/09/2009 D373_SR4030_SR4040_v10622C_SDcard.zip v1.06.22C

Technician
    All the firmwares are the latest.

The error should be something about timing because it is not an "always happens failure" seems to be something cumulative that crash after a some time.

The really amazing thing is that the older one does not suffer this mistake.

Any idea?

What jam code I wonder?

Technician
    SC990 and comunication failed are the only symthomps. As said jams occurs when you send only one sheet stapled (which is not stapled by the machine), somehow it jams at the stapler area, I think is a matter of cumulative mistakes that leads to a jam...

Technician
    I had an MP6001 doing the same thing. The customer, however, wasn't aware that the stapling was enabled while doing single sheets. I ran the job with the finisher door open. It looked like it was just a matter of when the single sheet was being pushed up and out from stapling tray to delivery tray, the paper was fluttering slightly and getting hung up at delivery. It seems like it is a matter of a single page being too flimsy, whereas muliple pages would give more weight and rigidity.
    I don't know why the user would want to staple a single sheet, and the design engineers probably didn't either. I didn't try it, but you may want to try 28lb paper to see if it works.

Technician
    We had the EXACT same problem and escalated the issue to Japan. They have sent us some temporary firmware which fixes the problem (our machine is an Mp7000 not a 6001).
    If you PM me I can email you the file

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

Talking Timing?

First thing that I thought was must be a timing issue. Thanks Emo good to know as some users do like to set staple on as default.

J_J
    Hello:

I have a Ricoh Aficio MP 6001 with finisher SR4030, and I have the same problem.

After many tests, this is the problem detected, and reported to Ricoh partner.

Sorry, but my english is very bad, and I post this in Spanish. I think there is no problem to translate it:

"Cuando imprime mas de un documento con grapa, la guia del papel hace un leve movimiento hacia adentro antes de grapar, y luego vuelve a su posicion. Cuando es una sola hoja, ese leve movimiento hacia adentro no lo hace y sin embargo el de retroceso si lo hace. Cuando van entrando listados de una sola hoja, solo va haciendo movimientos hacia afuera con lo que poco a poco, la guia va quedando mas ancha que el papel, hasta que este se sale de la guia al lanzarlo hacia arriba. Esto lo hemos comprobado seņalando con un rotulador la posicion de la guia.

He probado pegandole un acetato hasta arriba, para hacer la guia mas ancha, y el problema se soluciona en parte, es decir, los atascos ya no son tan continuos, pero el problema ahora es que como el papel tiene una holgura superior a 1 cm por cada lado, a veces por la velocidad sube doblado y se sigue atascando igualmente.

Es como si el firmware lanzara una orden de retroceso a la guia, sin previamente haber comprobado si antes ha hecho el movimiento contrario hacia adentro."

Quote Originally Posted by J_J View Post
    Hello:

I have a Ricoh Aficio MP 6001 with finisher SR4030, and I have the same problem.

After many tests, this is the problem detected, and reported to Ricoh partner.

Sorry, but my english is very bad, and I post this in Spanish. I think there is no problem to translate it:

"Cuando imprime mas de un documento con grapa, la guia del papel hace un leve movimiento hacia adentro antes de grapar, y luego vuelve a su posicion. Cuando es una sola hoja, ese leve movimiento hacia adentro no lo hace y sin embargo el de retroceso si lo hace. Cuando van entrando listados de una sola hoja, solo va haciendo movimientos hacia afuera con lo que poco a poco, la guia va quedando mas ancha que el papel, hasta que este se sale de la guia al lanzarlo hacia arriba. Esto lo hemos comprobado seņalando con un rotulador la posicion de la guia.

He probado pegandole un acetato hasta arriba, para hacer la guia mas ancha, y el problema se soluciona en parte, es decir, los atascos ya no son tan continuos, pero el problema ahora es que como el papel tiene una holgura superior a 1 cm por cada lado, a veces por la velocidad sube doblado y se sigue atascando igualmente.

Es como si el firmware lanzara una orden de retroceso a la guia, sin previamente haber comprobado si antes ha hecho el movimiento contrario hacia adentro."

TRANSLATION

"When you print more than one document with staple, the guide of the paper makes a slight inward movement before stapling, and then returns to its position. When a single sheet, this slight inward movement does not yet that of back if you do. When listings are entering a single sheet, only going out with making moves so slowly, the guide is being wider than the paper, until it exits the guide to throw up. This has been verified with a marker indicating the position of the guide.

I tried sticking an acetate at the top, to the wider guide, and the problem is fixed in part, ie, traffic jams are not as continuous, but the problem now is that the role has a clearance greater than 1 cm on each side, sometimes doubled up speed and is still stalling as well.

It is as if the firmware launched a setback to order the guide, without first having ascertained only after it has done the opposite movement inside. "