Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

Ricoh SR820 finisher problem...driving us crazy!!!!

The paper jams when it is exiting because its catching the paddle arm which is in the wrong postion. The paddle roller keeps going out of time...it will stay in time for almost a week and then jumps out of time...retime it and then wait a week and it happins again..we exchanged it with another unit in stock...same thing...its in a legal type dept. and they run at least a min of 1000 pgs a day...the gear teeth etc look good...no slight chips etc......any ideas or fix's would be greatly appreciated

thanks

David

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I suspect the user is yanking out the paper before it's fully exited to the tray. That's just about the only reason they go out of time.
    Last edited by teebee1234; 04-28-2010 at 10:44 PM.

my own thought but how to prove it...what to do....

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    I agree with the user assessment. I had one doing the same thing. Every few weeks they would have the same issue. Took awhile to catch that one. Depending on the age of it, the drive belt may be a bit stretched out also. Never had to replace one, but there is a first for everything.
    the savin2535 is displaying well bet the hiter lamp is not shining and the lamp had been tested o.k.please kindly help.
    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days, I just kick this piece of shit out the window.
    Michael Bolton: You and me both, man. That thing is lucky I'm not armed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    in the past, the only way i have been able to solve this problem is:

1) educate the user to wait until the copy process is finished, not a sure thing
    2) set it so the copies exit to the internal tray, unless they need the sort/ staple functions.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    in the past, the only way i have been able to solve this problem is:

1) educate the user to wait until the copy process is finished, not a sure thing
    2) set it so the copies exit to the internal tray, unless they need the sort/ staple functions.
    That's the best suggestion. Maybe also put a bold, large font warning label on top of the finisher. I would also "delay" future service calls if it continues, give them time to think about it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Those hang-off sorters are crap - we don't sell them!

Hmmm...this seems to be quite a common problem...I kinda wondered if that may be the cause mainly when I never seem to find anything broken etc.......but to convince the customer its them...and its been happining long enough by now they are convinced its the machine and/or us...also we put a hang on sorter on it because the full size one was jamming all the time...so between it and this one the user has it out for us...that full size sorter...now that one jammed in the area where it staples...the paper wouldnt line up correctly and when it stapled sometimes it stapled the air and some times some of the paper and then the paer would come out kinda skewed like because of the staple and then jam...it was ugly......boy can that woman talk loud..she would have been great at a auction