Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Automatic Fiery Updates

Automatic Fiery Updates

Anybody know what URL or IP address EFI is using for the automatic updates on a Fiery?

I have a customer who won't allow a general exception for their C900s fiery through the firewall to get its patches - they want to know the specific address. Ricoh Support was clueless, and suggested looking at the firewall logs for that printer's IP address - something I'd already thought of, and the customer says they can't do (I'm calling bullshit - they're too dumb or too lazy. If they bought a firewall with no logging capability - if one that pathetic even exists - that falls under the too dumb category)
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I think EFI would have white papers on it.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Anybody know what URL or IP address EFI is using for the automatic updates on a Fiery?

I have a customer who won't allow a general exception for their C900s fiery through the firewall to get its patches - they want to know the specific address. Ricoh Support was clueless, and suggested looking at the firewall logs for that printer's IP address - something I'd already thought of, and the customer says they can't do (I'm calling bullshit - they're too dumb or too lazy. If they bought a firewall with no logging capability - if one that pathetic even exists - that falls under the too dumb category)
    This info is in the "Configuration and Setup" manual for each RIP.

I don't have one for the C900, but this is for the E8100: https://liveupdate.efi.com/webupdate...dbEF149007.PPD

I would think that "https://liveupdate.efi.com/webupdate" would be all that IT would need to give you an exception.

I'll keep digging for the C900 in the meantime.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Automatic Fiery Updates

Thanx KenB - I think an exception at the domain level would be fine - Not too many IT managers are so anal as to need the entire string all the way down to the SID.

If anybody else needs it, the address to whitelist for @Remote access is https://210.173.216.40/i02/AS
    73 DE W5SSJ