Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Radf's

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Radf's

the doc feeders on the Ricoh 1035/2035 have given me problems with the limit pulley and the torque limiter which I've tried to order but I believe there was an update on this part which I don't have access to. What happens is the limit assy won't allow anything to go through the feeder. Originals start in yet are pushed back or can only make it just past feed-in assy. Am I on the right track as my cause??? Can anyone provide me with the torque limiter update???
    Thanks!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Radf's

There are no bulletins about updated ADF torque limiters on specifically on these models - and what you describe is not the normal failure mode of a bad limiter(although it could still be your problem) Usually the case of the torque limiter cracks allowing the internal components to rotate without applying much torque at all, resulting in double feeds, or sometimes the stupid thing tries to suck in the whole stack. What you describe could be caused by a seized torque limiter, but more likely is a bad feed belt. They're only good for 80k to begin with, and I've seen some nasty paper gum up the works much sooner.

I'd drop in all 3 components - pickup, feed, and sep roller, and check the torque limiter. If it rotates and offers any resistance its probably good. If it turns easily, unevenly, or is locked up, replace it.

Feed components are B3512126, B3512222, and A8592241. Torque Limiter is A2472900.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Radf's

In addition the drive roller for the feed belt is a one way and can cause these symptoms. B351-2231

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Also check the end of the shaft for the large diameter transport rollers (remove ADF front cover). It has a splined drive wheel which can strip out and the rollers just slip.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Knackered pickup clutch could also be the cause.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.