Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    rupz911

Thumbs up Ricoh Aficio CL7000 SC 556 Error Code

Hi Guys,

first of all i would like to point out that i do not even qualify as an amature let alone a novie of office printers so please be patient and brace yourselves for some stupid questions

We have a Ricoh Alicio CL 7000 printer, there was some problems with it in that all the colours were "leaking". This was resolved by the brilliant printer firm we had called out to fix the issue. they had pronted a test page showing the colours are no longer leaking.

Being happy with this we unplugged it and put it away only to pull it out a few days later and it wont print. an error code SC 556 has come up and i have checked the fuser unit contacts and to make sure the heating elements are in tact but have come to a compelte blank. Can anybody help this "super lightweight" amature in fixing his printer please......

Thanks in advance and apologies for the lengthy thread........atleast now you know how long a peice of string is lol!!!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Fuser's had it or there's a piece of paper stuck in the fusing unit connector. Call a tech out, they'll have the parts to hand and will be able to get you going quickly.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

rupz911
    Hi TonerMunkeh,

thanks for your swift response. I have had a quick look in the fuser unit for peices of paper but will have one last check otherwise its a deep dig into the pockets. thanks again